2015-2016 RJEL Hoops Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per DJ's request, we'll be skipping him for this turn and perhaps the next:

Can you guys please just skip me for now I am way up in northern nh at a wedding with no laptop and limited internet. I'll catch up later.

Sent from my iPhone
    So I'll pick in a minute.
    Last edited by Hornsby; 10-17-2015, 07:10 PM.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Several other things...I'm leaving town on Thursday roughly 11:00 am central time, and I'll be in a spot with NO internet and No phone for roughly 4 days. So if I can get Jude to keep filling in the picks (thanks, I don't know how you have the access to do that, but keep it up, LOL), and all of you guys to keep prodding the guys to pick who are up, that's be great. I hope that we can get through 5 rounds in the next 5 days, but we'll have to push it.

Amit, you've been great, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the work that you've done to get this thing going.

So everyone just keep alert, know when your pick is, and prod anyone who might be unaware that they're up. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Several other things...I'm leaving town on Thursday roughly 11:00 am central time, and I'll be in a spot with NO internet and No phone for roughly 4 days. So if I can get Jude to keep filling in the picks (thanks, I don't know how you have the access to do that, but keep it up, LOL), and all of you guys to keep prodding the guys to pick who are up, that's be great. I hope that we can get through 5 rounds in the next 5 days, but we'll have to push it.

Amit, you've been great, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the work that you've done to get this thing going.

So everyone just keep alert, know when your pick is, and prod anyone who might be unaware that they're up. Thanks guys, much appreciated.
        Isn't Jude a moderator in this forum?
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          Isn't Jude a moderator in this forum?
          LOL, I have no idea. I live in a world filled with wonder, having things happen without my knowledge is the way I go through life.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I would have taken Markieff at 9.06 if I didn't have a keeper there. I do worry a bit about suspension or getting traded to a team that doesn't start him, but everyone has flaws at this point.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              I would have taken Markieff at 9.06 if I didn't have a keeper there. I do worry a bit about suspension or getting traded to a team that doesn't start him, but everyone has flaws at this point.
              Yeah, his last trial was 10/15 I thought but haven't heard anything about their appeal. He's a UTIL guy for me right now so even if he misses ~10 games it wouldn't be that bad I figured.

Comment

I seriously got skipped over night on a Saturday night? That's fucked up.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I seriously got skipped over night on a Saturday night? That's fucked up.
                  Sorry, but I said at the very beginning of the draft that it was going to be 6 hours, around the clock, 7 days a week. And this is the 1st time that it's been used. If you want either of the guys selected before you I'll talk to them...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Want to send a couple of us your list?

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                      Want to send a couple of us your list?
                      Sure...I'll do it on Wednesday, so we have a chance to get more rounds done. Thanks for the offer...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Sorry, but I said at the very beginning of the draft that it was going to be 6 hours, around the clock, 7 days a week. And this is the 1st time that it's been used. If you want either of the guys selected before you I'll talk to them...
                        I did, but fuck it. I get it was within the rules, but I'm still pissed that a bit of leeway wasn't given on a weekend overnight.

Comment

There was the previous weekend when we started to fall behind one morning/night. I didn't press the hourly limits as we'd been chugging along so well.

Pogues - it sucks, sorry it happened. I was half expecting to get skipped as I had emailed Horns to see if he was around for my list, which he was. Things (kids waking) happened and I didn't get back to the computer - was surprise to awake an have a pick in turn - all the while expecting to wake (with the kids awake) and trying to get a pick up.

Not sure what else to say.

Other than that for the bench guys, in the past, we have done 4 hr limits. Not sure if that is needed to ensure we are locked in prior to NBA league start.?

Comment

I did, but fuck it. I get it was within the rules, but I'm still pissed that a bit of leeway wasn't given on a weekend overnight.
                            I understand that you're pissed, but you have to look at it from the other side too. Is it fair to hold up people who may have commitments on Sunday? A family event, maybe a football game? The whole thing starts to become a row of dominos at that point. So again, I'm sorry that it happened, let's all try to make sure it doesn't happen again. At this point, I see no need to go to 4 hours, we have a week less, and I think that we can grind it out if we all stay attentive.

That said, I'll give DJ until 9AM eastern to make his pick, since he said that he was going to be out of town, and I don't know when he's back. At that point, all bets are off and Andy is up and we'll resume the draft and DJ can catch up whenever.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

So you knew the rules and thought they didn't apply to you because it was the weekend. Add in you waited until you basically timed out again to pick? Nice going.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

What's done is done so let's just put it behind us and work to get this wrapped up. No one likes being skipped so understand Pogues frustration but let's not take it out on all the other owners by unnecessarily burning more clock from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X