No announcement yet.

RJEL Basketball 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting to see if Pogues is coming back, and if he is, we're good. Andy has a friend who wants in as does Jude...so we'll have a dispersal draft again for the 2-3 new teams.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Waiting to see if Pogues is coming back, and if he is, we're good. Andy has a friend who wants in as does Jude...so we'll have a dispersal draft again for the 2-3 new teams.
      Sorry, a little slow on the go. In now to attempt to defend my dead-mid-pack finish.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Hey guys, how can we access last years records to see who has what? And thoughts on daily vs. weekly? Andy might have to drop if we stay with daily...his schedule is pretty hectic.
        I don't mind weekly. I'm not really interested enough in the NBA to want to change my team every day, so it's more of a chore.

But if we stay daily, I'll still be in.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          I don't mind weekly. I'm not really interested enough in the NBA to want to change my team every day, so it's more of a chore.

But if we stay daily, I'll still be in.
          We've switched over to weekly now...so adjust accordingly. Thanks all...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Alright, And's friend Nate has joined, so that puts us at 10 teams...Jude may have a friend as well, so we'll leave it open for a bit.

Is everyone OK with a 10 team leage if it comes to that?

If it's only Nate, do we let him have his pick of the rest of the players after we all select our keepers?

Any other issues that people may want to discuss?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

See below.

Originally posted by hornsby View Post
              alright, and's friend nate has joined, so that puts us at 10 teams...jude may have a friend as well, so we'll leave it open for a bit.

Is everyone ok with a 10 team leage if it comes to that? Yes

if it's only nate, do we let him have his pick of the rest of the players after we all select our keepers? Sure. Can i dump my players and have my pick too????

Any other issues that people may want to discuss?

Comment

No Asshat, you made your choices last year... You only get to select from your brilliantly assembled team.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I got Rudy Gobert & Draymond Green. Nate is welcome to pick from what's left

Comment

Merge OREB and DREB to just REB.

We are a big man top heavy league.

Would like things like 3pt%, perhaps TO% and some other stats. After years of working on balance all I have is a single REB category that might be palatable for this league.

Simon

Comment

yeah, I wouldn't mind combining the rebound cats either.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'm certainly OK with combings the boards, not so much on adding the TO back into the mix...I really hate negative stats in any sort of league. 3 pt percentage is certainly a possibility...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm fine with combining rebounds too, and adding in something like 3PT%. Like Hornsby, I would prefer not to have a negative stat like TO. I believe we used A/TO at one time, and that made the league too point-guard heavy.

The NBA season starts on Tuesday, October 27, so I think we should try to complete the draft by Sunday the 25th. We needed 2 weeks for last year's draft, so I think we should plan to start drafting no later than Monday, October 12th. That means that we have this week to finalize the categories and keepers.

Comment

If you need anyone else, I will play.
                            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Last year I was crunching numbers and from what I recall the merging of REBs reduced the big man heavy rankings of players. However, adding 3% to a league where REBs was merged started to skew things quite oddly to where the rankings didn't make sense on which players were truly the best players.

All that being said, merging REBs vaulted Curry into the best player (from the 13/14 stats) - and while I think he is a great player I don't see him as better than Durant (again 13/14 stats).

I spent a number of hours trying different stat combos and wasn't able to come up with a combo that was really logical. The closest I came was the Yahoo default values which do unfortunately use TOs.

My $0.02

Comment

So what was Curry prior to the merging of rebounds? And while I'm not crazy about it, if Yahoo default is the fairest, I can live with that...anyone else?

And does anyone have an issue if we add DJ?

Also agree with Amit, we need to get rolling sooner rather than later. Andy, can you make sure that Nate is here on RJ so that we can do the draft here? Thanks...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X