Week 6 - Bye Replacement/Insurance for J. Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 - Bye Replacement/Insurance for J. Graham

I have J. Graham on a bye this week so I'm looking for my best option to fill his bye in Week 6. I also want to add the best insurance for him going forward just in case he missed any addition time after the Saints bye week. Not sure if the answer to both questions is the same. Here are my TE options in my 14 team 0.5PPR league:

Clay Harbor (at TEN) - Currently on my roster. Picked him up after his Week 4 performance (8 receptions & 70 yards). Wasn't involved as much in Week 5 (3 receptions & 22 yards). His stats for the season (only played 2 games) are 12 targets, 11 receptions & 92 yards).

Here are the free agents
    Jared Cook (vs SF) - 31 targets. 19 receptions, 221 yards
    Eric Ebron (at MIN) - 16 targets, 8 receptions, 80 yards & 1 TD
    Tim Wright (at BUF) - 10 targets, 9 receptions, 120 yards & 1 TD
    Jermaine Gresham (vs CAR) - 13 targets, 8 receptions, 61 yards
    Garrett Graham (vs IND) - 13 targets, 10 receptions & 98 yards
    Charles Clay (vs GB) - 22 targets, 14 receptions, 111 yards
    Scott Chandler (vs NE) - 19 targets, 13 receptions, 137 yards
    Jace Amaro (vs DEN) - 17 targets, 14 receptions, 144 yards

I have the last waiver in our league because the waivers reset every week based on reverse standings and I'm in 1st place. Here are the guys that I'm considering. Am I missing someone?

Cook is the obvious choice as an insurance guy since he's the most involved in his offense but he has a bad match-up in Week 6 for TEs (vs SF which is 7th best against opposing TE by allowing only 8pts per week).

Tim Wright is a risk/reward flyer after his big week in Week 6 (5 receptions, 85 yards & 1 TD) but will New England continue to use him in the old Aaron Hernandez role or will they ignore him again.

With Calvin Johnson's injury, does it open up more targets for Eric Ebron? So far, with only 8 targets over the past 2 weeks, it seems unlikely that he's ready to contribute at a high level although he has great size as a red zone target.

Charles Clay had a nice season last year (69 receptions, 759 yards & 6 TDs) but he really hasn't done much in 2014. It seems like the new OC isn't using him the same way as he was being used last year.

Which of these guys would you drop Harbor for?

Thanks in advance.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

I like Ebron with the limited other receiving options in Detroit. Isnt Tate hurt also?

Comment

Cook is a doofus. I'd go with Ebron or Clay. I'd love to have those choices in the league where I have J. Graham. My backup is G. Graham and there's no one better on the wire.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I like Ebron with the limited other receiving options in Detroit. Isnt Tate hurt also?

Ebron played in less than half the offensive snaps last week and Calvin missed time in that game. Ebron only had two targets for the game. They do like him for a red zone target though. He may be a feast or famine type guy. Tate may be nicked up but there is no sense that he will miss time. Calvin could be out 2 weeks.
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Basically it's going to come down to Cook, Ebron, T. Wright, Clay & Harbor for me. The other guys just don't have the production/potential that these other 5 guys have.

Keep those opinions coming. Thanks.

Comment

Actually from what I saw in the NE game the other night....Tim Wright could be the next Aaron Hernandez (not as a murderer, but as a great #2 TE in that system).

I'm trying to pick him up as a backup TE in my other leagues.

Comment

In a spot like this I think it's important to consider your matchup and your other players. With that in mind I'd choose between Cook and Ebron. If it's a steady plodder you need go with Cook. If you are looking for a spark I'd take the chance on a the riskier but higher upside Ebron.

Comment

Where does Ertz fit into this group? I've stuck with him all season but he's not getting the looks and has a horrible matchup this week (NYG). Jordan Reed was dropped and I'm thinking of picking him up because he should be back this week and Niles Paul isn't very good.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I only have TE (Kelce) and he is on bye this week-

I have claims
                  on
                  Reed
                  Wright
                  Ebron
                  in that order

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Where does Ertz fit into this group? I've stuck with him all season but he's not getting the looks and has a horrible matchup this week (NYG). Jordan Reed was dropped and I'm thinking of picking him up because he should be back this week and Niles Paul isn't very good.
                    The thing with Reed is you better have a strong stomach. He is by far the best option of any mentioned here including Ertz. But I would hold no misconception that he's playing 11 games from here out. That said he's the best talent so while he's playing, I'd go with him.

Comment

Another option would be to trade for a back-up TE. There are a couple of teams that currently have 2 TEs on their roster:

D. Allen & N. Paul: Needs RB help (P. Manning, Flacco, R. Jennings, R. Bush, Edelman, A. Johnson, Hilton, D. Jackson, Fitzgerald)
                      Cameron & Donnell: Weak at RB (Luck, Ivory, D. Martin, Jones-Drew, A. Blue, Jeffery, Cruz, James Jones, Hurns, Boykin)
                      Gates & Witten: A little weak at WR (Newton, Manziel, Bernard, Sproles, J. Bell, K. Davis, Calvin, T. Williams, Bowe, Cooper)

My roster is:

QB: Ryan
                      RB: Murray
                      WR: D. Thomas
                      WR: A. Brown
                      TE: J. Graham
                      RB/WR: McCoy
                      K: Gostkowski
                      DEF: Titans

B: Wilson
                      B: Spiller
                      B: Hyde
                      B: Garcon
                      B: Harbor
                      B: Chiefs

Comment

Any additional opinions on Cook, Ebron & T. Wright? Those are the guys that I'm going to put claims in for, just struggling to decide on my ordering.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                          Any additional opinions on Cook, Ebron & T. Wright? Those are the guys that I'm going to put claims in for, just struggling to decide on my ordering.

Thanks in advance.
                          I think the order you have them listed is how I'd rank them.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                            In a spot like this I think it's important to consider your matchup and your other players. With that in mind I'd choose between Cook and Ebron. If it's a steady plodder you need go with Cook. If you are looking for a spark I'd take the chance on a the riskier but higher upside Ebron.
                            Big match-up this week with the other undefeated team. My lineup is pretty stacked (due to extra draft picks that I acquired last year in dump trades).

QB: Ryan (vs CHI) or Wilson (vs DAL)
                            RB: Murray (at SEA)
                            WR: D. Thomas (at NYJ)
                            WR: A. Brown (at CLE)
                            RB/WR: McCoy (vs NYG)
                            TE: ????
                            K: Gostkowski (at BUF)
                            DEF: TEN (vs JAC)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                              Big match-up this week with the other undefeated team. My lineup is pretty stacked (due to extra draft picks that I acquired last year in dump trades).

QB: Ryan (vs CHI) or Wilson (vs DAL)
                              RB: Murray (at SEA)
                              WR: D. Thomas (at NYJ)
                              WR: A. Brown (at CLE)
                              RB/WR: McCoy (vs NYG)
                              TE: ????
                              K: Gostkowski (at BUF)
                              DEF: TEN (vs JAC)
                              Then I'd go with Cook. Ebron is equally as likely for a goose egg as a 10 point showing. Cook won't win this for you but he'll give you stats.

Also some unsolicited advice... I HATE Tennessee as a streamer this week. Everyone loves them because they're playing Jax, but Pittsburgh barely put up a decent defensive game against them last week (late pick six saved it) and Jax has been playing better. Tennessee is not a good defense AND they lost Bernard Pollard. I think a lot of streamers are gonna get burned on them this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X