FA RBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA RBs

Would you pick up either Andre Williams or Brandon Oliver if you had to drop Sankey, Forsett, Vereen, Ridley, MWallace or MiFloyd?

Current RBs are the 4 drop possibilities listed, Lacy and Ellington.
    Current WRs are the 2 drop possibilities listed, Bryant, Benjamin and Jeffrey

The only other drop possibility is Romo...I have Rivers starting...I really don't want to drop Romo because his matchup for Rivers' bye week is JAC.

Thoughts??

Williams for Sankey. Not sold on Oliver, and the TEN offense is too unpredictable to ever use Sankey imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Williams for Sankey. Not sold on Oliver, and the TEN offense is too unpredictable to ever use Sankey imo.
      Agree with this.

Comment

What is your record right now? I'd be tempted to sit with what you have. I think that Sankey's talent will end up making him the lead RB in Tennessee before the season is over. I just think that you'd be dropping a possible starting RB for a guy that's going to start until R. Jennings is healthy.

I guess if you're in bad shape record wise and you need to get some wins over the next couple of weeks, then Williams would be of more help to you. If you can afford to be patient, then I think that Sankey is the better play long term.

Good luck!!
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Record is 2-3...got blitzed the first 2 weeks...didn't help that my RB and WR didn't show up for the most part and neither Rivers nor Romo did anything those two either. Only lost by 11 in week 4...mostly due to Ridley only getting 3 points in a blowout loss.

Benjamin was supposed to go off this week....but, still ended up winning by 8 even though the other team had PManning and DThomas scoring 86 points combined!!!

Would you trade Forsett and someone like Wallace or Benjamin if you could get another top 5 WR?

The team is solid and in theory should be 5-0 with the talent level....just not getting the amount of points expected from all players each week, especially the RB (Lacy 8, 9, 4 in weeks 1-3; Ellington averaged 12 until last week) and don't get me started on Ridley/Vereen...

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
            Record is 2-3...got blitzed the first 2 weeks...didn't help that my RB and WR didn't show up for the most part and neither Rivers nor Romo did anything those two either. Only lost by 11 in week 4...mostly due to Ridley only getting 3 points in a blowout loss.

Benjamin was supposed to go off this week....but, still ended up winning by 8 even though the other team had PManning and DThomas scoring 86 points combined!!!

Would you trade Forsett and someone like Wallace or Benjamin if you could get another top 5 WR?

The team is solid and in theory should be 5-0 with the talent level....just not getting the amount of points expected from all players each week, especially the RB (Lacy 8, 9, 4 in weeks 1-3; Ellington averaged 12 until last week) and don't get me started on Ridley/Vereen...
            I'd definitely look around and try to find a 2 for 1 deal or 3 for 2 deal that would get you a stud RB or WR coming back. I usually look at teams that have a stud but not much depth behind them. Then you could offer up a WR & RB combo (something like Forsett & Benjamin) for a better weekly starting option.

Then if you're able to pull of a deal like this, it would help your starting lineup and give you the extra bench slot so that you can pick up Williams or Oliver without having to drop someone.

Good luck!
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              No way in hell would I drop Sankey, who's the most talented of any of the guys listed.

I'd drop Forsett in a heartbeat for Oliver (who looked like an absolute badass this weekend) or I guess for Williams.
              Forsett has a 5.9 YPC average, which leads the NFL this year, to go along with 23 catches. Sankey may be more talented, but you don't drop guys like this. Forsett has far outperformed Sankey, and if the Titans go ahead with their Zach Mettenberger plan, Sankey may not have much value the rest of the way.

Comment

Uh, Forsett may have a good YPC but that's not a category in any league that I know of. He only had 6 carries last week. Harbaugh literally just said yesterday that there was a RB committee in BAL. So if you're concerned about a Mettenberger plan, surely you're equally concerned about the situation in BAL. Sankey is getting more and more action every week and looks to be getting better and better as Shonn Greene fades back into oblivion where he belongs.

Taking Oliver, the clear feature back in a very good offense, over Forsett is a total no-brainer, imo.
                I've decided to do whatever I can to avoid the RB situation in TEN, BAL, and SD. They are all a mess.

Put a gun to my head as to who I want for the next few weeks from one of those 3 teams, I'm going Oliver.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Uh, Forsett may have a good YPC but that's not a category in any league that I know of. He only had 6 carries last week. Harbaugh literally just said yesterday that there was a RB committee in BAL. So if you're concerned about a Mettenberger plan, surely you're equally concerned about the situation in BAL. Sankey is getting more and more action every week and looks to be getting better and better as Shonn Greene fades back into oblivion where he belongs.

Taking Oliver, the clear feature back in a very good offense, over Forsett is a total no-brainer, imo.
                  He may have only gotten six carries, but that was enough to lead BAL in that game. Plus, he had 7 receptions, for 97 total yards. Am I concerned about a time-share? Not when Forsett is the clear producer, and his pass catching ability makes him a solid play every week at this point.

Sankey is talented, but he doesn't catch many passes (just 3), so he's reliant on carries. And the carries just aren't there yet, which means his fantasy relevance isn't there yet.

Comment

I guess, but it was only last week that Forsett was the "clear producer" (and you have to use that term in the loosest of manners for it to even remotely apply). He got six carries. Six. Taliaferro was dramatically outproducing him before last week....hardly the calling card of a "clear producer."

Regardless, Oliver is a better option for next week than any of these guys. So is Williams.
                    I'm no Forsett fan, but to date, the guy is the #5 RB in fantasy points so far, and #22 overall, believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X