Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your main league team living up to expectations? Why? Why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your main league team living up to expectations? Why? Why not?

OK, we don't play H2H in my main league. As the season started, I was pretty expected to win, even by other owners. ( I won last year and we keep 4 ) I kept Calvin, Julio, Peterson, and Murray. I have had the first 3 since they were rookies.

1. I am in first place in total points
    2. If we played H2H I would be 2 - 2

I feel like my team is playing like crap......

Adrian scores 2 points in week 1, and then the suspension..... Calvin has had 1 good week. Julio has been OK, but not what I expected. Murray has far exceeded my expectations so far. I have Ahmad Bradshaw, who has been good.

My kickers and ST/D have been bad. My TE has been excellent.

And yet, I really feel like I am struggling. Maybe because last season I was ahead by 100+ points by now, and this year only ahead by 30+.

We have a strange scoring system, so you really can't go by what I posted... it is very TD dependent. An RB could rush 99 yards and get 0 points if if didn't catch any passes. A WR could get 99 yards and would only get 1 PPR. Same with TE. 5 point bonuses at 100 yards, though.

Your league has an incredibly crappy scoring system.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Your league has an incredibly crappy scoring system.

I didn't ask you that, now did I?

Comment

I've never strictly defined it as my main league, but it's the one I've been in the longest and the one with the highest entry fee, so it probably best fits the bill.

In my 12-team PPR redraft, I am 4-0, second in total points and first in all-play record. Top 3 in H2H, total points and all-play get money.

Most everything has worked out to the point where the only waiver move I've made is to cover the Cincy D's Week 4 bye.

QB: Big Ben, Wilson
        RB: Lynch, Gore, Miller, Moreno, Hyde, Turbin
        WR: VJax, Patterson, Tate, Wheaton, Quick, John Brown, James Jones
        TE: J. Graham, G. Graham
        K: Bailey
        D/ST: Cincy

My top 2 WR have been disappointing, but later WR picks have covered for that. Everyone else has worked out great.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          I've never strictly defined it as my main league, but it's the one I've been in the longest and the one with the highest entry fee, so it probably best fits the bill.

In my 12-team PPR redraft, I am 4-0, second in total points and first in all-play record. Top 3 in H2H, total points and all-play get money.

Most everything has worked out to the point where the only waiver move I've made is to cover the Cincy D's Week 4 bye.

QB: Big Ben, Wilson
          RB: Lynch, Gore, Miller, Moreno, Hyde, Turbin
          WR: VJax, Patterson, Tate, Wheaton, Quick, John Brown, James Jones
          TE: J. Graham, G. Graham
          K: Bailey
          D/ST: Cincy

My top 2 WR have been disappointing, but later WR picks have covered for that. Everyone else has worked out great.
          Won again today despite the Graham injury!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
            I didn't ask you that, now did I?
            If the WR who is leading the NFL in yards per game is "not what you expected", then your league's crappy scoring system is a problem.

Comment

Running backs, running backs, running backs...not a damn one in the league playing worth a crap other than Murray...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                If the WR who is leading the NFL in yards per game is "not what you expected", then your league's crappy scoring system is a problem.
                ding ding ding...we have a winner

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                  ding ding ding...we have a winner
                  And yet, he still didn't answer the question I asked.

Comment

And yet, he still didn't answer the question I asked.
                    You put your team/league out there to discuss. We're discussing it.

Comment

1. I am in first place in total points
                      2. If we played H2H I would be 2 - 2
                      I've played in a TD only league for 30 years now and it sucks but we have kept the faith regarding the original scoring method.

Anyways, I know this may surprise you...but it sounds like your team is very inconsistent.

First place in total points but 2-2 is a perfect example of players scoring big points one week and then nothing much the next week.

My TD-only is notorious for this.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Your expectations aren't going to be the same as everyone else's if your scoring system is weird.

Comment

Working...
                        X