ROS - Michael Floyd or Pierre Garcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROS - Michael Floyd or Pierre Garcon

Standard scoring with 0.5pts per reception. Who would you rather have for the rest of the season?

Michael Floyd or Pierre Garcon

Currently have D. Thomas & A. Brown as my WRs so either guy would be my WR3/Bye week flex option. I had Floyd rated a bit higher than Garcon going into the season and they are about even in my league right now (Floyd 10.3pts per game & Garcon 10.88pts per game).

Floyd
    2013: 112 targets, 65 receptions, 1041 yards, 5 TDs
    2014 (3 games): 22 targets, 11 receptions, 252 yards, 0 TDs
    Possible breakout season projected as a 3rd year receiver
    Has already had his bye this season
    Palmer has been dealing with a nerve problem in his right shoulder
    If Palmer continues to sit out, can Stanton play at a high enough level for Floyd to produce solid fantasy numbers?

Garcon
    2013: 184 targets, 113 receptions, 1346 yards, 5 TDs
    2014 (4 games): 38 targets, 24 receptions, 255 yards, 1 TD
    Gets more targets per game than Floyd
    Will addition of D. Jackson affect his targets?
    Playing with backup QB who has looked great at times and horrible at times in the present/past.
    Is Cousins actually a better option at QB in this offense and can he actually help Garcons numbers?
    Last edited by jwlincy; 09-30-2014, 01:24 PM. Reason: Had 2014 numbers switched
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

RGIII seemed to gravitate to Garcon since game 1 of his career. Cousins looks to be spreading it around the WRs, having Jackson there is an opportunity RGIII didn't have. As a Washington fan and owner of Garcon in a keeper league I loved the Jackson acquisition for the NFL team and hated it for my team. I don't think Garcon will have the same impact he has had in the past. I would get Floyd.

Comment

Close call. Ultimately, I still think Garcon gets more targets so I'd edge towards him.

Comment

I think Fitzgerald is on a decline that will continue this year. Floyd us the guy now, and I'd rather have him.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Floyd is a better talent, but I'd rather have the receiver who gets the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles twice instead of the one who gets the Seahawks, Rams, and 49ers twice. Garcon by a bit, IMO.

But it's so close, I don't think you can go wrong with either.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Floyd is a better talent, but I'd rather have the receiver who gets the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles twice instead of the one who gets the Seahawks, Rams, and 49ers twice. Garcon by a bit, IMO.

But it's so close, I don't think you can go wrong with either.
            I actually agree with going garçon by a slight margin but your logic here is misleading. The Redskins already played the Giants and Eagles once each and the Giants held garçon to a 2-28-0 line. Still on the Redskins schedule are the Seahawks, Rams and 49ers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
              I actually agree with going garçon by a slight margin but your logic here is misleading. The Redskins already played the Giants and Eagles once each and the Giants held garçon to a 2-28-0 line. Still on the Redskins schedule are the Seahawks, Rams and 49ers.
              And 11-138-1 against the Eagles. Good pickup, though - I forgot about the Gints game, so he only has four more against questionable defenses and three against strong NFC West defenses.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I sent a feeler email to the Floyd owner to guage his interest. Said I was looking at offering Garcon & Taliaferro for Floyd & another player. He responded & said that he'd rather hold onto Floyd.

So hopefully the real Cousins is closer to the Week 3 version than the Week 4 version.
                14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                TE: Olsen (NA)
                K: Lutz (7)
                DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                X