Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Bush..... says he might harshly discipline his 1 year old daughter

from abcnews.com

NFL star Reggie Bush told a radio call-in show that he disciplines his 1-year-old daughter, and one day could do so "harshly," as he came to the defense of fellow star Adrian Peterson's alleged parenting tactics.

The 29-year-old Detroit Lions running back made his comments during the "Boomer and Carton" radio show on New York's WFAN this morning.

"I most definitely discipline my daughter. I have a 1-year-old daughter, and I discipline her," he said. "Obviously, every person is different. I definitely will use my best judgment to discipline her depending on the situation, on what happens. I definitely will try to, will obviously not leave bruises or anything like that on her. But I definitely will discipline her harshly depending on, again, on what the situation is."

These guys need to stop talking to the media.
    Last edited by Papa Deuce; 09-18-2014, 01:12 PM.

This person is dangerous

Comment

You know what I find funny is, that I have twin 13 year old daughters and in 13 years I really have not even had to raise my voice very often, let alone hit them. In my opinion, all this nonsense with smacking kids around can be gone if you do two things:

1. Communicate expectations and consequences
      2. Follow through on the consequences

Of course, with kids so young, that might be harder, but still no need for violence.

Comment

My guess is that most people commenting with unabashed hatred of child spanking and punishment have never been physically punished. Are we willing to open the discussion that perhaps these guys were raised differently than all of us? And, if so -- if that is indeed the case -- then why can't we at least admit that harsh judgment should take a back seat toward education for these guys about difference of child rearing methodologies. It's not someone can just be told to change; it's something one must be hit over the head with repeatedly (no pun intended) and worked with. It's potentially a problem that doesn't even get solved in the present generation, too. Legitimate change on this kind of stuff doesn't come quickly, and it's shocking to me to read about all the outrage with so little acknowledgment from those in the psychiatric, psychological, and sociological fields chiming in with some defense of those who are performing these acts.

Comment

Working...
        X