Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiver Wire FAAB Question For This Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver Wire FAAB Question For This Week?

So I am currently playing in a 12 team standard keeper league. We use FAAB's ($100 for the year) for our waivers. Our positional breakdowns are: QB, WRx3, RBx2, TE, W/R/T(Flex), Q/W/R/T(Flex), K, DEF, BNx5.

So, my current starting roster has Kaep as my QB1, and Palmer as my Flex QB. With his health in question, my only other on the bench is Matt Cassel. On the Waiver is Chad Henne, a bunch of handcuffs, and Kirk Cousins now that RGIII is hurt.
    Secondly, my two starting RB1/RB2's are Lynch and Bernard. I just used Asiata in the Flex, however Peterson is "supposed" to start this week, although that could change by weeks end. I also have Hill and McKinnon, and Woodhead. I would like to add one of either Rainey or Kniles Davis.

My question is, who should be my waiver priority here (I'm thinking Cousins), what should I spend out of my FAAB (I still have $100), and what price would you put on the other two that are not my #1 priority.

Thank you!

PS: I was lucky to escape with a win this week. Reports told me early Sunday morning that Palmer was going to play, so I left him in. Had two baseball games that day, and when I checked around 3 I saw that he didn't start. So I assumed I was screwed. After our games I checked again and saw that my buddy I was playing lost both RGIII and Charles that game. So I got lucky.
    Last edited by ; 09-16-2014, 11:18 AM.

Originally posted by Waltsanity View Post
    So I am currently playing in a 12 team standard league. We use FAAB's ($100 for the year) for our waivers. Our positional breakdowns are: QB, WRx3, RBx2, TE, W/R/T(Flex), Q/W/R/T(Flex), K, DEF, BNx5.

So, my current starting roster has Kaep as my QB1, and Palmer as my Flex QB. With his health in question, my only other on the bench is Matt Cassel. On the Waiver is Chad Henne, a bunch of handcuffs, and Kirk Cousins now that RGIII is hurt.
    Secondly, my two starting RB1/RB2's are Lynch and Bernard. I just used Asiata in the Flex, however Peterson is "supposed" to start this week, although that could change by weeks end. I also have Hill and McKinnon, and Woodhead. I would like to add one of either Rainey or Kniles Davis.

My question is, who should be my waiver priority here (I'm thinking Cousins), what should I spend out of my FAAB (I still have $100), and what price would you put on the other two that are not my #1 priority.

Thank you!

PS: I was lucky to escape with a win this week. Reports told me early Sunday morning that Palmer was going to play, so I left him in. Had two baseball games that day, and when I checked around 3 I saw that he didn't start. So I assumed I was screwed. After our games I checked again and saw that my buddy I was playing lost both RGIII and Charles that game. So I got lucky.
    Who would you be starting at the other (non-QB) flex if you go after K. Davis instead of Cousins? Just trying to see if you're better off going with K. Davis & Cassel as opposed to Cousins and ?
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
      Who would you be starting at the other (non-QB) flex if you go after K. Davis instead of Cousins? Just trying to see if you're better off going with K. Davis & Cassel as opposed to Cousins and ?

In my other non-QB flex position I would probably be starting either Justin Hunter, Danny Woodhead, Jeremy Hill, or if Peterson is deactivated again it would be Matt Asiata.

Comment

That's a tough call & I don't play in any FAAB leagues so I'm not going to be much help with bid amounts. I really like Davis and he's certainly performed well in the past when Charles was out. He's possibly the most valuable RB that will be waivers this season. Unfortunately Charles is only expected to miss 3-4 weeks from what I've read. RGIII's injury sounds like it will keep him out longer. Cousins, however, could play his way into a full time job if he plays well during RGIII's absence. Cousins past performance has been spotty (747 yards passing, 4 TDs, 5 Ints & 2 fumbles lost in 3 starts at the end of 2013). You could use a flex QB going forward though because I'm not sure how much longer Cassel will have before the Vikings turn to Bridgewater.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Yeah, I really like Davis as well, I just don't know when Palmer will be ready to go with the nerve issue in his shoulder, and like you said Cassel could lose his job to Teddy soon. Tough call.

Comment

Also, how does the TB situation play out? Does anyone see Rainey overtaking Martin ROS?

Comment

Donald Brown is available too, and will probably be a longer play if Charles is only out a week or 2 with KC.

Comment

starting 2 QBs, you gotta go with Cousins, and I'd bid $36.

Comment

Working...
                X