Time to give up on STL DEF/ST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to give up on STL DEF/ST?

I drafted the Rams defense in my 14 team local league (Team in signature). I expected good production from them since they finished 2013 strong and added some help via the draft (Aaron Donald). So far in 2014, they have under-performed with a -4pt effort in Week 1 (vs MIN) and a 9pt effort in Week 2 (at TB).

Pretty standard scoring for defenses except we get 2pts per sack (instead of the normal 1pt). Also points for opponents points scored range from 10 (for a shutout) to -7pts (for 35+pts allowed).

Should I stick with them or dump them for one of the available defenses? Or should I just stream defenses each week? The problem with streaming is that I had a bunch of early draft picks from trades last year and our waiver order is determined by reverse standings each week so there is a good chance that I'll be #14 for much of the season.

Here are the available DEF/ST (Week 3 Opponent):

Buffalo (vs SD)
    Washington (at PHI)
    Minnesota (at NO)
    Chicago (at NYJ)
    San Diego (at BUF)
    Philadelphia (vs WAS)
    Cleveland (vs BAL)
    Jacksonville (vs IND)
    NY Jets (vs CHI)
    Dallas (at STL)
    Tampa Bay (at ATL)
    Kansas City (at MIA)
    Oakland (at NE)
    NY Giants (vs HOU)
    Atlanta (vs TB)
    Indianapolis (at JAX)

Thanks in advance.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Streaming Ds should not be a problem even with a low waiver pick. Get whoever is facing Jacksonville, Oakland or St Louis each week.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Streaming Ds should not be a problem even with a low waiver pick. Get whoever is facing Jacksonville, Oakland or St Louis each week.
      In Week 3 that's IND (at JAX), NE (vs OAK) & DAL (at STL). NE is taken already.

I guess that I'll have to see how Indy looks tonight. There is no part of me that wants the DAL DST on my roster.

Comment

San Diego is a possible option with a good upcoming schedule from Week 3 thru Week 7.

Week 3 (at BUF)
        Week 4 (vs JAX)
        Week 5 (vs NYJ)
        Week 6 (at OAK)
        Week 7 (vs KC)
        Week 8 (at DEN)

Comment

Yep, if you don't want to deal with weekly moves, pick up SD and then find another after Week 7.

Comment

Why would you want to give up on a team/player after only 2 games? It's just not enough time IMO...you drafted them for a reason, and nothing substantial has changed.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Why would you want to give up on a team/player after only 2 games? It's just not enough time IMO...you drafted them for a reason, and nothing substantial has changed.
              I agree but they are also on a bye in Week 4 and I'm not planning on carrying 2 defenses. So I thought it may make some sense to make a move before Week 3. Or I can just stick with St. Louis (vs DAL) in Week 4 and then drop them next week to cover their bye week. Essentially I want to grab the best option for Week 3, if that's the Rams then I don't have a problem holding them til next week.

Just trying to be proactive. The Rams schedule the next couple of weeks is:

Week 3 (vs DAL)
              Week 4 (BYE)
              Week 5 (at PHI)
              Week 6 (vs SF)
              Week 7 (vs SEA)
              Week 8 (at KC)
              Week 9 (at SF)
              Week 10 (at ARI)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                In Week 3 that's IND (at JAX), NE (vs OAK) & DAL (at STL). NE is taken already.

I guess that I'll have to see how Indy looks tonight. There is no part of me that wants the DAL DST on my roster.
                Right now Dallas is hovering around 12th best defense right now. And it's St Louis.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Team defenses are like relievers. Except for a few elite ones, they're fungible.

Comment

Team defenses are like relievers. Except for a few elite ones, they're fungible.
                    Is Denver considered among the elite? I picked them up and they've scored a whopping 10 points in 2 weeks. They did have pick-6 nullified yesterday by a penalty, but that seems to be a pattern as they have been penalized a ton thus far. Plus, they face Seattle this week, then have a bye.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

True, but I think that the Rams have the potential to be one of the elite ones...great returner, great pass rush, should get a lot of turnovers. Again, I think that churning defenses is like betting against the house in Vegas...just not a winning proposition. Everyone in here was all for streaming Pittsburgh in week one, look how that turned out.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Two things are working against the Rams in a major way: Chris Long is out for a while, and the offense is putrid, which means the D will be on the field a lot but wear down.

Trying to predict return TDs is entirely futile.

Comment

Two things are working against the Rams in a major way: Chris Long is out for a while, and the offense is putrid, which means the D will be on the field a lot but wear down.

Trying to predict return TDs is entirely futile.
                          It's a whole lot easier when you have a stud returner rather than a plodder. Yesterday, the Rams had the ball for 32:05 to 27:55 for Tampa...running teams grind the clock a lot more, as you know.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

They were facing a similarly crappy offense, which won't be the case most weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X