Am I offering a fair trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I offering a fair trade?

I have yet to propose this. I think it is pretty fair, but of course we don't know the extent of Charles's injury....

I plan to offer Peterson and Josh Gordon for Charles and whatever WR on his team he wants to give up.

The guy is in next to last place in a points only league, and he gets to have 4 keepers for next season.

What's the penalty for keepers in this league?

Comment

It would seem most people would think it's too early to make dump trades, but I'm curious to hear the answer to revo's question before I answer.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        What's the penalty for keepers in this league?
        none. we can keep 4 players forever. I am in first place..... I have had Julio and Calvin since their rookie years. So, I feel like losing Gordon is something I can handle..... now, whether or not he would even accept the offer is a whole other question... He is in next to last place.

In fact, we all MUST keep 4 players.

Comment

It's fair, but I really don't see any upside for you in this deal. I think that Peterson and Charles are essentially a wash, both have their warts. And Gordon is a quantum leap ahead of whoever you may get back.

You may want to see about changing the keeper rules...having guys in perpetuity with no penalty really isn't a fair way to run a league, IMO.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            It's fair, but I really don't see any upside for you in this deal. I think that Peterson and Charles are essentially a wash, both have their warts. And Gordon is a quantum leap ahead of whoever you may get back.

You may want to see about changing the keeper rules...having guys in perpetuity with no penalty really isn't a fair way to run a league, IMO.

Meh, we have been doing it for 25 years.

I see my upside as likely getting Charles back sooner than AP plays. Today, I just heard on XM fantasy radio, that Charles' issue appears to be minor..... I did not know that last night, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
              Meh, we have been doing it for 25 years.

I see my upside as likely getting Charles back sooner than AP plays. Today, I just heard on XM fantasy radio, that Charles' issue appears to be minor..... I did not know that last night, though.
              Short term gain, long term pain for you...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

The Vikings announced that AP will practice & play this week & Charles sounds like he has a high ankle sprain (likely out 3-4 weeks). I wouldn't make this trade.
                14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                TE: Olsen (NA)
                K: Lutz (7)
                DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                X