No announcement yet.

NFL Week 2 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the minority in liking Gruden as well. Buck, meh.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I found the postgame on ESPN entertaining, with Ray Lewis slamming Peterson about how his kids now have to go to school and be ridiculed for being "Peterson's kids." I don't think he was talking from experience as a tabloid object, but more as a father. Pot calling the kettle black here.

Comment

I wonder how many of Peterson's kids even know who their father is, and how many have his name, either.

same oddities last year, naive people reaching out on social media for AP on oh, how can he overcome the loss of - ok, a kid he never even met.

a lot of the same people (literally not talking about anyone here, just the innerwebs) who don't want to be judgmental about a guy having 5 or 6 babies from an equal amount of baby mommas are outraged when one of the kids is injured. ignore the kid for his whole life? hey, up to you. but spend some time with him and dole out a physical injury? NOW you've crossed a line.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
          The "phantom horse collar" was called against the Eagles last week..... and the explanation was that while not technically a horse collar, it had the same potential for injury, and that was why it was called.
          Exactly. Looked pretty textbook in real time, and on something like that they will ALWAYS throw the flag if there's a doubt. I saw nothing wrong with the identical call that went against the Eagles last week, and I see nothing wrong with the call that went for them this week.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
            Is the philly run D just that bad or is Richardson showing signs of life?
            Neither. The Colts found a play, the weak side counter, that the Eagles kept overreacting to. Richardson mostly sucked on plays that weren't that, and the Eagles allowed nothing on the ground to the Jaguars last week (which may not be saying much.)

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I found the postgame on ESPN entertaining, with Ray Lewis slamming Peterson about how his kids now have to go to school and be ridiculed for being "Peterson's kids." I don't think he was talking from experience as a tabloid object, but more as a father. Pot calling the kettle black here.
              The minute Ray Lewis shows up on my TV set, I either mute it or change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                Exactly. Looked pretty textbook in real time, and on something like that they will ALWAYS throw the flag if there's a doubt. I saw nothing wrong with the identical call that went against the Eagles last week, and I see nothing wrong with the call that went for them this week.
                would be nice if they clued in the MNF announcers on that.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  The minute Ray Lewis shows up on my TV set, I either mute it or change channels.
                  Funny that a guy who at the very least was somehow associated with a murder, gets to comment on a guy's character. I also turn him off. Though, one of the funniest skits I have ever seen on SNL was from the guy who played Ray Lewis last year..... that made me actually laugh out loud while watching TV, which is something I never do.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    would be nice if they clued in the MNF announcers on that.
                    Thankfully I watched the game in a bar where I couldn't hear the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Thankfully I watched the game in a bar where I couldn't hear the sound.
                      you did notice the blatant penalty on the key INT though that wasn't called though, right?

I can see that play alone having the NFL mull yet another adjustment to replay next year, like reviewing all turnovers to see if an uncalled penalty directly led to the turnover, as it did there. It rarely would come up, but we'd avoid that scenario in the future.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Some experts have argued it wasn't a penalty.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          Some experts have argued it wasn't a penalty.
                          really?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            really?
                            Mike Golic and Marcellus Wiley are two I heard today.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Yes, there was quite an intense discussion about it on a Philly sports board I frequent. One guy posted a bunch of stills from the play to illustrate his point that it wasn't a penalty.

Cris Carter blamed Hilton for running a terrible route that allowed him to lose his balance easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X