Drop Romo or Rivers for Locker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Romo or Rivers for Locker??

1 QB league, 6pts/TD, -2pts/INT - have Romo and Rivers....Locker looks to be a decent, if not slight upgrade to one of them, no??

don't be that guy.

Comment

Oh hell no....

Comment

OK, as much as Romo is a giant knucklehead, you can't do that and call yourself a fantasy football player.

Comment

Uuuuhhhh....heel you're a hilarious guy. You actually fooled some of us into thinking you're serious. You're aren't serious...right?
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Not really serious, but I'm not sure I can live through another Romo season with games like he just had....

Overreaction, I know....I just hope he has more 25+ pt games than 15pt games....I'm sure after this weekend, all will be well in Jerryland and we can all just ignore this post even happened...

Comment

Is there anybody else that you can drop for Locker? Then you could look to trade Rivers to upgrade at another position.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

QB- Romo/Rivers
                RB- Ellington/Lacy/West/Vereen/Ridley/Forsett
                WR- Bryant/Jeffrey/Wallace/MiFloyd/Hartline

only have 1 K, DST and TE

Comment

Never overreact to week one stats...that is all.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

If you can't drop one back-up QB (Rivers) for another (Locker) who has greater potential, then I'm not sure why in the world we play this game. I'd do it and not think twice. Ideally, you'd like to have all three, but if you have to drop Rivers to get him, I'd do it and not look back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                      If you can't drop one back-up QB (Rivers) for another (Locker) who has greater potential, then I'm not sure why in the world we play this game. I'd do it and not think twice. Ideally, you'd like to have all three, but if you have to drop Rivers to get him, I'd do it and not look back.
                      Because this is the football equivalent of dropping a stud for Chris Colabello on April 10. Rivers threw for almost 4,500 yards and 32 TDs last year!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Because this is the football equivalent of dropping a stud for Chris Colabello on April 10. Rivers threw for almost 4,500 yards and 32 TDs last year!
                        That was the first year Rivers has been halfway good for a while. And I'm a Rivers fan, too! All I'm saying is if you have to make a choice between one backup and another, go with your gut. I'd gladly take Locker over Rivers for upside alone, and I'd be happy to be wrong as long as he's my back-up. But I enjoy taking risks like these and understand others are more risk averse, so take what you will from that.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          And that's a horrible analogy as far as I'm concerned. Locker has a shitload more potential in the NFL than Colabello ever had in MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                            And that's a horrible analogy as far as I'm concerned. Locker has a shitload more potential in the NFL than Colabello ever had in MLB.
                            Locker's had three years of "potential," and his potential is nearing the end of its shelf life. Some of his fellow QBs taken in the 2011 Draft are already has-beens (Ponder, Gabbert).

The Titans already have his successor in place (Zach Mettenberger), they haven't won under his leadership, and mediocrities like him usually are given 3-4 seasons to see if they emerge. Maybe Locker will prove everyone wrong this season as his WRs continue to get better, but you just don't go dropping a 4,500 yd, 32 TD QB for a guy who's done little for three years and had one good game to start the season.

Comment

Working...
                            X