Week 1 Musings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Musings

Not sure who used to start this thread (off_the_wall?) but I'll get it started:

The lack of use of Ladarius Green by the Chargers last night was criminal. The AZ defense was the worst in the league against opposing Tight Ends last year and Green doesn't get ANY targets? Rivers continues to jam it in to Gates (yes, I realize how that's written). I understand that they aren't just going to cast aside Gates that easily, but he looked old and slow. Hell, use him in 2 TE sets if anything, but just get him the damn ball.

While we're at it, is Larry Fitzgerald the odd man out in AZ, or did Brandon Flowers just do that good of a job at shutting him down last night?

Anyone seriously putting any long term stock in Allen Hurns? Tuffy Rhodes. Tuffy Rhodes to the white courtesy phone.

Good lord, the Giants offense looks like two old people screwing: slow and sloppy.

For as bad of a wrap that the Dallas D gets, they actually performed decently- it was their offense that cost them at least 21 points.

Frank Gore, that sound you hear is Carlos Hyde forcing his way in to your carries.

St. Louis is in for a loooong season. Wait 'til they play those tough teams in their own division. Is it possible to score negative points?

Praise Fantasy Football: Why else would I be watching the majority of a Raiders/Jets game. Due to Cam Newton's injury, I was forced to start Geno Smith. I was pleasantly surprised. Despite those two turnovers, he looked pretty good.

Speaking of the J-E-T-S, Rey Ryan (or whoever is calling the offensive plays) is an idiot. They march the ball right down the field on two occasions, yet they pull out a couple of gimmicks at the goalline and lose the ball. Dummies.

Miami looked darned impressive and Miller and Moreno should both hold value. I'm loving having Mike Wallace in that offense.

On the other sideline in that game, Tom Brady looked not so good. I actually like the Pats to turn it around. They have too many weapons and the hoodie won't tolerate losing.

KC looked downright awful and, I don't care what excuse the Walrus has, only giving Charles 11 touches is inexcusable. They have some big problems in Arrowhead and now they lose Derrick Johnson for the year. Yikes!

JJ Watt deserves more money. The guy is a Greek God. Houston's D will keep them in games - even without Clowney for a few weeks.

Mark Ingram is running like a man possessed. Too bad there's still so many mouths to feed in that offense that he won't be a consistent play.

How good are you when an 8 catch, 80 yard day is considered a disappointment? Jimmy Graham, you've set the bar that high.

Matt Ryan will be a top 5 fantasy QB with all of those weapons in Atlanta now healthy.

Trent Richardson, you're officially done!

what's so secretive about the injuries to Jordan Cameron and Ben Tate that we all have to wait until Wednesday? Did Mike Pettine learn this from Eric Mangenius?

One guy in my league has Richardson, Sankey and Rice as his RBs. He must be thinking "how long until baseball season?"

Golden Tate is the best WR to ever play opposite Megatron. This Lion team could be scary good.

A few more games like this for the G-Men, and I'll start to look for the brown paper bag.

Comment

With apologies to Friar...Allen Hurns, meet Kevin Ogletree, I think you'll get along famously.

Matthew Stafford looks like a new QB...tough, decisive, and with proper mechanics.

Ray Lewis commenting on Ray Rice...Really?

I couldn't believe it either, but RGIII had the most empty 75% completion rate I can ever recall. Let the man run!

On the other hand, Alfred Morris looked like a beast, again.

Percy Harvin is broken by week 5 if they continue to use him like this.

Good to see that Victor Cruz isn't going to sit quietly and be a good soldier to this putrid offense...demand the ball Vic!

I say the 1st coach canned this year is Tom Coughlin...

Julio Jones is the best player in the league not named Calvin.

Looks like Dex still has a little bit of the dog in him...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Julio Jones is the best player in the league not named Calvin.

Lucky me, then.... I have both, and Josh Gordon on my bench as my 6th WR..... ( we start 3 WR )

Comment

Gonna disagree on Hurns. He's got talent, everyone else in the WR corps is brittle and/or unproven, and his OC is his former college coach, so he knows the offense better than anyone else on the team. He may not be the second coming of Boldin, but he ain't the second coming of Ogletree - who was a proven mediocrity before his big game - either. Plus, this could develop into quite an intriguing passing offense once Bortles takes over.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
          X