No announcement yet.

Winning Sunday - Sit Players on Monday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning Sunday - Sit Players on Monday?

How close of a score would it have to be to sit your players on Monday if you've already locked up the win after the action on Sunday? If it's within a point or two, do you sit a player just in case they have a 2 fumble game or something crazy? I have a 2 point lead and Joique Bell going tomorrow - I think I'm going to play him though and take my chances. If it was under 2 points, then I'd probably re-consider.

What's the benefit of getting the points? Tiebreakers at the end of the season? How likely is it that you'll be tied and need the ten points or so Bell is likely to get you to move up a spot? It feels pretty unlikely to me.

If there's no weekly prize for a high score or anything like that, I'd probably play it safe here. If it was someone who was likely to score a lot of points, like if you were asking about Calvin Johnson, I might answer differently.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I don't know the rules in your league or how punished a fumble is, but if it's the standard values, Bell should easily get enough rushing/receiving yds to offset any fumbles, even if he has 2 of them.

In my league, 2 fumbles are offset by 40yds combined rushing and/or receiving...I think that is a very safe play.

Comment

you'd be surprised how many times it happens... 1st play, tackled for a loss, injury, fumble. it's the injury that hurts ya cause they never get the chance to come back on the field to make it up.

Comment

I never sit guys for things like this, at least early in the season. I don't think it has ever hurt me in football but it has in baseball when a guy goes out and gives up 8 runs in 2 innings and I lose ERA & WHIP that week. Later in the year I have sat guys when I need to win to make the playoffs or during the playoffs.

Comment

I'd never do it this early in the season either. I assume like most leagues, yours takes total points into account at some time to use as a tiebreaker or a bonus. The odds are tilted pretty well in your favor that Bell gets something like 10 points...points you may need later in the year.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks all - I looked up last year in the league and at the end of the year, 2nd and 4th place were only 30 points aparts and the difference between 5th and 6th was only 20 points. I'm going to take my chances and rack up the points here.

Comment

Working...
              X