Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Thread

Here's a cool story for the Wk 1 thread:

So I'm home alone tonight, as my wife took the kids to her parents house. I'm watching an NFL Network show on the 1982 Redskins. As a kid, I lived in the DC area from 1981-1983.

Well, one of my best memories as a kid was the Redskins using my school's athletic fields as a practice facility during the '82 lockout. I watched them practice outside my school's windows, and met a whole bunch of them and got autographs after school. But memories was all I had.

And then watching this show tonight, suddenly there was news footage of the '82 lockout, and there were the Redskins at my school's athletic fields! And there were a couple of kids in the background who I knew, who I haven't seen in 32 years -- but still as the same 12-year olds they were in '82! Just insane. i rewound it 10x. What a blast from the past!

buudy of mine recently called NFL Films, because as a kid he was at Shea Stadium for a Jets-Colts game in the 1970s in a front-row end zone seat. he saw the highlight reel of him that night on TV, with his father.

his dad died about 25 years ago, but they sent him that clip with his old man smoking a stogie and waving his arms at the Colts TD. great stuff.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Tyler Eifert almost certainly just dislocated his elbow.

Comment

I hate Allen Hurns. 3 receptions, 2 TDs, 101 Yards...and the quarter isn't over!!
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Texans-Redskins have featured 9 punts in the first 9 possessions.

Redskins break the stalemate w TD - and extra pt is blocked.
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 09-07-2014, 01:07 PM.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Foles looks as bad as he did vs. Dallas last year, when he played as if he had a concussion and then actually got one. Quite a few Gabbert-like decisions.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

It should be worse. JAX missed one FG and had another blocked.

Comment

Shaun Hill benched, Austin Davis now in at QB for STL.

Comment

Jadaveon Clowney out with a knee injury.

Comment

Shaun Hill has an injury.

Matt Khalil needs to get his hearing checked cause he obviously can't hear the snap count.

Vikings look pretty good through the first half.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Cam Newton OUT today. Derek Anderson will start.

Comment

Tate injured. West looking good so far with some good moves, Crowell with the touchdown.

EDIT: Make that two touchdowns.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Eagles cut it to 17-14. TDs by Sproles and Ertz.

Comment

Cordarrelle Patterson is good. What a great run for a TD.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

This just in...Cordarrelle Patterson is pretty good. Thanks Seattle!
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X