Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft this Saturday - how far do you drop concussed Eddie Lacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft this Saturday - how far do you drop concussed Eddie Lacy?

I have a draft Saturday, and we can choose our starting lineup for week 1 for Thursday guys (so whoever drafts Lacy/Rodgers isn't forced to start him week 1). PPR.

Lacy's poor rushing yardage since they won't be on the road vs. Sea again isn't a concern. But the concussion, as well as the rotating in of Starks pre-concussion, is concerning.

Lacy was #7 RB by footballguys and #6 by the free espn rankings pre-season. Where would you take him now?

#1-#4 (no order) Shady-Charles-AP-Forte - wasn't considering Lacy over these guys anyway.

#5-14 (again, no order) Ball-Bell-Bernard-Foster-Lacy-Lynch-Martin-Morris-Murray-Stacy ---is dropping Lacy to last in this group (making him the #14 RB) an overreaction?

#15-20 (no order) Bush-Ellington-Gerhart-Jennings-Mathews-Tate - anyone taking any of these guys before Lacy now?

Originally posted by james33 View Post
    #5-14 (again, no order) Ball-Bell-Bernard-Foster-Lacy-Lynch-Martin-Morris-Murray-Stacy ---is dropping Lacy to last in this group (making him the #14 RB) an overreaction?
    Big time.

If you believe his concussion could cause an extended absence at some point, then taking Lynch, Murray, Ball & Bernard over him is fine. But that's as far as I'd drop him.

Comment

I wouldn't drop him at all. The Packers have 10 days off before their next game. From what I've read, it wasn't a serious concussion.

If you did drop him, I'd only consider dropping him below Ball, D. Murray & Lynch.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

If you did drop him, I'd only consider dropping him below Ball, D. Murray & Lynch.
        This is what I'd do. Word is now it's not a serious concussion, but he had a more significant one last year, so it's not exactly a slam dunk he'll be back on time. And if there was any doubt about Lynch's motivation or willingness to run hard, I think that was pretty much put to bed last night.

I'd take Lynch before Lacy now for sure. I'd probably take Ball and Murray before him, too. And if I did take Lacy, I'd be very, very sure to handcuff him with Starks.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I might drop him a tick or two, but one concussion with a 10 day rest coming up isn't scaring me. After watching Lynch last night, I might be moving him up past Lacy. I'd be more of the mind of hoping I have around pick #8 to #10 and snagging Lacy when others pass on him. In fact, talk up his concussion if you are in that situation. Maybe you can scare a few off.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Thanks for the good thoughts all!

I'm at #13 of 14.

The big 4 RBs, Peyton, Jimmy Graham, Megatron, and five of (Ball-Bell-Bernard-Foster-Lacy-Lynch-Murray) will likely be the first twelve picks. So I'll probably have my choice of whichever two of those seven RBs aren't picked or Bryant/Green/Demaryius.

Comment

Take Demaryius first, then whichever RB is left at 2.02. Chances are the guy at 14 won't go RB-RB if Bryant and Green are still on the board.

ETA: After last night, Lynch is not going to fall to you.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X