hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdid

10 teams, full PPR, 6 point passing TDs. It's very deep since the people who set it up came from deep-league baseball. Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DEF, and 8 bench. I picked 8th, but we reverse the order starting round 3 (so I picked 8th, 13th, 23rd, 37th, 43rd, etc.) Note that the best QBs go very early due to 2 QBs and 6 points per passing TD, and literally every starting QB will be taken and the teams that weren't paying attention may not have anyone to play during bye weeks, so I tend to take more than my share - usually I end up with 5-6 QBs and start them based on matchups, but this year Romo fell way farther than I expected and I felt obligated.

QB: Romo (6.08), Eli (10.08), McCown (13.03), Manuel (14.08), Hoyer (18.08)
    RB: Lacy (2.03), Bernard (3.03), Leve'on Bell (4.08), Tate (7.03), Sankey (15.03)
    WR: Cobb (5.03), Crabtree (8.08), Hopkins (9.03), Watkins (11.03), Hunter (12.08), Jennings (16.08), Steve Smith Sr. (17.03)
    TE: Graham (1.08)
    DST: Philly (20.08, only because they have a good week 1 matchup)
    K: Tucker (19.03)

Flex will usually be Bell and Tate, I assume.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I think you did well in a standard type of format, but honestly, I believe that in this format, RBs are severely devalued, and that's where you are strongest. Your QBs are pretty middle of the road in a 2-QB league and while I love Cobb and Crabtree, the others are hit or miss. When you have to start 3 WR and in a full PPR league, I would be actively looking to trade three of those top 4 RB for a third WR and major QB upgrades.

Just my opinion...but I guess you asked.

Comment

That's fair. I tend to overvalue RBs because with WRs there's always some WR2 out there who has a chance of going off in any given game, but RBs are significantly less replaceable. Maybe I'm too risk-averse. I probably will try to trade one though. I wasn't planning on getting four but Tate was still there in round 7 and I felt like I had to take him.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        That's fair. I tend to overvalue RBs because with WRs there's always some WR2 out there who has a chance of going off in any given game, but RBs are significantly less replaceable. Maybe I'm too risk-averse. I probably will try to trade one though. I wasn't planning on getting four but Tate was still there in round 7 and I felt like I had to take him.
        yeah...it's a philosophy, but I say screw the WR2s and shoot for four WR1's for the WR slots and your flex. In PPR they just plain score more points than RBs. And dont overlook RBs like sproles who make their living catching passes - they kick ass as a second RB in this type of league.

Comment

I agree with Pauly. Our league went to a more WR heavy/favorable format this year (1 RB, 2WR and 2 Flex) and I went in the direction of grabbing as many good WRs as I could.

In a 10 team WR heavy league, you seem a bit short. Your top 2 receivers played a total of 11 games combined last year. Cobb is a lower end #1 and Crabtree's week 1 status is in doubt. Hopkins is fine but he's a #2 on a team with a huge question mark at QB. The rest of your WRs are made up of unproven youngsters and guys who are a couple of years past their prime. I like Hunter A LOT and am actually gambling on him this week in one of my flex spots because of a nice matchup against a depleted KC CB corps.

And, again, in a 10 team league - with 2 Qbs - God help you with Eli as your #2. Hopefully for you McCown will be able to feast with those beastly receivers he has.

graham obviously gives you a big advantage and your RBs are solid (although the news of Jeremy Hill splitting time with Bernard is a bit concerning).

Sorry to be a bit rough, but I think you have an uphill go of it.

Still, what do I know?

Comment

Working...
          X