WDIS - Week 1 - M. Ryan or R. Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDIS - Week 1 - M. Ryan or R. Wilson

1pt per 25 yards passing, 1pt per 10 yards rushin, 4pts per passing TDs, 6pts per rushing TDs, -2pts per turnover.

Who would you start?

R. Wilson vs Green Bay (Thursday night game)
    M. Ryan vs New Orleans (Sunday early game)
    R. Wilson vs Green Bay (Thursday night game)
    0%
    M. Ryan vs New Orleans (Sunday game)
    0%
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Matty Ice for sure. Heck, I'd take the Atlanta backup throwing to a healthy Julio Jones and Roddy White against NO's defensive backs.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Matty Ice for sure. Heck, I'd take the Atlanta backup throwing to a healthy Julio Jones and Roddy White against NO's defensive backs.
      I actually think the Saints D is underrated... but Atlanta will be throwing the ball a TON in this game (and likely all season) so that's why I voted for Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        I actually think the Saints D is underrated... but Atlanta will be throwing the ball a TON in this game (and likely all season) so that's why I voted for Ryan
        We'll see. I think Julio and Roddy will chew up their mostly undersized CBs and spit them out.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thought that it would be a little closer than 9-1 (I voted for Wilson).

In Week 1 last year, M. Ryan had 302 yards passing, 2 TDs & 1 Int with 12 yards rushing (19.28 fantasy points) against the Saints DEF (with Julio, Roddy & T. Gonzalez). Then in Week 12, with no Julio and a banged up R. White he had 292 yards passing, 0 TDs, 0 Ints & 10 yards rushing (12.68 fantasy points).

Last year, the Packers gave up the 6th most points to opposing QB in our league (17.86 per game) and the Saints gave up the 5th least points to opposing QBs (13.48 per game).

In the end, I'll probably end up going with Ryan but I think that it's closer than the vote looks. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I realized that it was the "smart" play to go with Ryan and his shoot-out matchup with the Saints. Good thing that you guys talked me into it. I would have lost by 1.42pts if I had started R. Wilson (18.54pts) instead of Ryan (33.42pts).

Sometimes I over think my fantasy football lineup decisions. That's why it's nice to balance my wheel here in the Bullpen. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
              Thanks for all the input. I realized that it was the "smart" play to go with Ryan and his shoot-out matchup with the Saints. Good thing that you guys talked me into it. I would have lost by 1.42pts if I had started R. Wilson (18.54pts) instead of Ryan (33.42pts).
              I had the same choice in one league and went with Wilson. So now it's a nailbiter instead of an easy win. I need a combined 29 tonight from K. Allen, J. Bell and Woodhead (PPR, all TDs 6).
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X