Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dumbest things that happened in your draft(s) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dumbest things that happened in your draft(s) thread.

Long story short, Dez Bryant became available yesterday, a few hours before the draft. The guy drafting in the #2 spot took Cordarelle Patterson over Dez Bryant.

Papa Deuce!!!!

Comment

With a $200 budget, one guy left $28 on the table (even after a completely unnecessary overbid of $20 on Steven Jackson). Another guy left $21.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
        Papa Deuce!!!!
        Yessir..... if you have any interest, I have a thread on the bar about what I have been doing.

Comment

In my draft on Tuesday, Derek Carr went in the 8th round, before Kaepernick, Big Ben, Newton, Griffin, Dalton and Rivers.

It's a keep-3 league, so it's essentially the 11th round, but still.

Rookies always go at a premium because one of your three keepers must have been a rookie the year before, but still.

It was our resident Raider fanatic, who also drafted Darren McFadden, James Jones, Danarius Moore and Sebastian Janikowski, but still.

Gotta be the first time in league history that a guy was taken 10 rounds too early.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

In my long time (30yrs) local keeper league, there were 10 KICKERS kept out of 12 teams.

Some of the teams kept 2 of them.

It's a low scoring league (winning teams score around 24-36 pts), but STILL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              In my long time (30yrs) local keeper league, there were 10 KICKERS kept out of 12 teams.

Some of the teams kept 2 of them.

It's a low scoring league (winning teams score around 24-36 pts), but STILL!!!!

Can I play in your league?

Comment

This doesn't compare to the dumbest things in your league, but Peyton Manning was the 2nd QB to be drafted. League rules are 5 points per TD pass and you need to get 50 yards rushing before getting any rushing yard points.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                  This doesn't compare to the dumbest things in your league, but Peyton Manning was the 2nd QB to be drafted. League rules are 5 points per TD pass and you need to get 50 yards rushing before getting any rushing yard points.
                  If #1 was Rodgers or Brees, I don't see anything wrong with that at all. No QB has ever had back-to-back 50-TD seasons in the NFL.

Comment

It was indeed Rodgers. I agree that I'd take the under if Peyton Manning TD passes line was 50, but Rodgers has only been over 40 once in his career, so 50 isn't a fair measuring stick. It seemed silly to me, and to the other 10 owners in the draft room, to forecast Rodgers putting up better TD or yardage numbers than Peyton this year. Maybe it is fear of a Peyton injury.

Comment

It was indeed Rodgers. I agree that I'd take the under if Peyton Manning TD passes line was 50, but Rodgers has only been over 40 once in his career, so 50 isn't a fair measuring stick. It seemed silly to me, and to the other 10 owners in the draft room, to forecast Rodgers putting up better TD or yardage numbers than Peyton this year. Maybe it is fear of a Peyton injury.
                      All things considered, I'd take Brees before Manning this year...especially after Welker being gone for 4 weeks. Rodgers...eeeehhhhh...he should still be third, IMO.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Rodgers is far more likely to get rushing TDs than Peyton is.

We're talking about two guys who are highly likely to finish the year as top 5 fantasy QBs. Blaming someone for taking one over the other strikes me as pedantic, especially given how difficult it is to replicate what Peyton did last year.

Comment

Working...
                        X