My Turn - HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Turn - HDID?

Had my main league draft on Friday. It's a 12 team IDP league, 3 keepers PPR and we've gone to a different starting lineup this year (posted earlier in another thread). Due to this, it's makes WR more important (IMO).

I am the defending champ and pick last in the first 2 rounds (which are actually round 4-5) but swung a trade to move up to the #2 pick in round 5

Start: 1 QB, 1RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (WR, RB, TE), 1 K, 1 DL, 1LB, 1 DB and 2 D Flex (DL, LB, DB)

Here's my offense...

QB: Cam Newton (8.01)
    RB: C.J. Spiller (4.12)
    WR: A.J. Green (Keeper)
    WR: Alshon Jeffery (Keeper)
    TE: Jimmy Graham (Keeper)
    Flex: Shane Vereen (5.02)
    Flex: Mike Wallace (6.01)
    PK: Dan Bailey (15.12)
    B: DeSean Jackson (7.12)
    B: Bernard Pierce (9.12)
    B: Justin Hunter (10.01)
    B: Ben Roethlisberger (11.12)
    B: Doug Baldwin (12.01)
    B: Lance Dunbar (13.12)
    B: Jonathan Grimes (14.01)

I held off on QB for a while and, though I know there's some injury concern and the supporting cast around him, I think (on a bad year) Newton still runs for over 500 yards - which is huge!. He's never finished worse than 6th at the position for fantasy purposes.

I think I am exceptionally strong at WR. I think getting both Spiller and Vereen where I got them are great values! Got them well past their ADPs. I LOVE Vereen in a PPR. I think he's going to be a monster and I'm glad I went WR heavy with my keepers.

Here's what Footballguys says about my team...

Overview:

Your receivers are the strongest part of this team and you look good at tight end as well. It's rare for us to endorse a team with weaknesses at quarterback and running back, but we're doing it right here! You should have a contender here. But your margin for error in terms of inseason management could be a bit thinner than some of your competitors'. You must remain committed to finding 2014's emergent players at RB and QB.

Players we particularly like on this team include Mike Wallace and Doug Baldwin. We have both these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.
    Bottom line: • With great inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    • With good inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    • With average inseason management, we think you have a 77 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Yeah, I like your team too. You always have to cut somewhere, and Newton isn't bad for the reasons you mention. Plus, if Wallace falters (and I'm not a huge fan any longer), you have DeSean to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
    X