Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picks #1, 7 and 16

12 team keeper league, non-PPR, QB TDs worth 4 points

Heading into the draft, I've got the #'s 1, 7 and 16th pick and debating the strategy for the 2nd and 3rd picks. My keepers are L'Veon Bell and Julius Thomas.

A large number of RB's are being kept: Lacy, M. Ball, L. Ball (mine - keepers were due before he was busted for pot), Gio, Ellington, Stacy, Vereen, Jennings, and Ben Tate

None of the top WR's are being kept - best one's are Crabtree, Harvin, Alshon, K. Allen and C. Patterson

At #1, I'm taking McCoy

At #7 do I go with one of the top WR's - CJ/Demaryius/Dez? or do I go with someone like DeMarco Murray knowing that he won't be available at #16 and no other RBs will be worth drafting that early. Is getting one of those top 3 WR's a difference maker over the next tier of Julio/AJ/Marshall?

At #16, if I went WR, do I hope that Murray/Martin fall to 16? Or do I take an RB with the 7th pick and hope that Julio/B. Marshall/Antonio Brown/Jordy Nelson are available here?

My next pick is at the back end of the 3rd round so it'd be a cut below at RB or WR.

I'd go McCoy and two WRs if you can get one from each set of WRs you've listed. If all the WRs you've listed go by 16, it almost assures you of Murray or Martin, so you can default back to them if necessary.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What are your starting lineup requirements? 2 or 3 WRs? Flex position or no flex? How many RBs can you start?
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I'd go McCoy and two WRs if you can get one from each set of WRs you've listed. If all the WRs you've listed go by 16, it almost assures you of Murray or Martin, so you can default back to them if necessary.
        Agree with this. McCoy then two stud WRs. This is the best year to stream RB2s in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
          What are your starting lineup requirements? 2 or 3 WRs? Flex position or no flex? How many RBs can you start?
          It is 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Agree with this. McCoy then two stud WRs. This is the best year to stream RB2s in a long time.
            Thanks Revo - so you and Chance would think that something like McCoy/Demayrius/Julio or Marshall is a better trio than McCoy/D. Murray/Julio or Marshall?

Comment

I think that what they might be saying is you might not have Julio and Marshall if you take Murray...and you're kind of wasting a keeper (Bell) if you go and draft Murray. I wouldn't discount Bell too much because of the recent issue. I heard he might not get any punishment this year.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Thanks Revo - so you and Chance would think that something like McCoy/Demayrius/Julio or Marshall is a better trio than McCoy/D. Murray/Julio or Marshall?
                If you already have Bell + McCoy, I see no need to take a lesser point producer like Murray over Marshall or D. Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  I do. But take revo's advice since he knows about 10x more than me about fantasy football.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    If you already have Bell + McCoy, I see no need to take a lesser point producer like Murray over Marshall or D. Thomas.
                    Agree 100%

You're set at RB with McCoy/Bell and with CJ/Demaryius/Dez and Julio/B. Marshall/Antonio Brown/Jordy Nelson you'd be more than set at WR

Comment

Thanks all - I ended up going WR/WR (although interestingly, D. Murray did go #8 and everyone in the WR tiers talked about above went right before my 2nd pick except for Jordy). So I ended up with:

QB - Romo
                      WR - Demaryius, Jordy, Mike Wallace, Ruben Randle, Jordan Matthews and Josh Gordon (keeper league so he's a 10th round keeper next year or valuable trade bait this year)
                      RB - McCoy, L. Bell, Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce, Chris Ivory
                      TE - Julius Thomas

Basically my picks in question ended up being Demaryius, Jordy and Joique Bell... If I had gone with D. Murray, it would've been Murray, Jordy and one of Andre Johnson, Garcon, Michael Floyd, etc. So I think it turned out well.

Comment

Sorry, late to the party. In a non-PPR I would have preferred the Murray/J. Nelson/M. Floyd trio. It's close but the gap between Demayius & Murray isn't as big in a non-PPR. Good luck!!
                        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                        TE: Olsen (NA)
                        K: Lutz (7)
                        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                        X