How did this one go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did this one go?

Had my first draft tonight. Second draft tomorrow (for which I'm sure I will ask reviews) - wanted to see how this one went. 6 points for passing TD, -2 for INTs, NO points per receptions. 12 teams, start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, Flex, TE, K, DEF.

QB: Kaepernick, Cutler, Shaun Hill
    RB: Charles, Chris Johnson, Moreno, Sankey, Joseph Randle
    WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Keenan Allen, Kendall Wright, Brian Hartline
    TE: Witten
    K: Dan Carpenter
    DEF: Cincy

This was out of the 8 spot. Charles fell to 8 which delighted and surprised me, even in a start 2-QB league.

I like this team a lot, but man, I'd love it more if Cutler was your starter and you used the spot you picked Kaepernick to go with another skill position player.

Comment

Charles = Great

Rest of RB = Concern

I know it's 2 QB, but what could have been paired with Cutler is you grabbed a RB instead of Kapernick? I assume he was your 2nd round pick.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I like this team a lot, but man, I'd love it more if Cutler was your starter and you used the spot you picked Kaepernick to go with another skill position player.
        It's start 2 QB, so they'll both start...

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          Charles = Great

Rest of RB = Concern

I know it's 2 QB, but what could have been paired with Cutler is you grabbed a RB instead of Kapernick? I assume he was your 2nd round pick.
          Yeah, Kaepernick was my 2nd round pick. The RBs just got so damn thin...the best available RB when I picked in the 2nd round was probably Lynch. The next three RBs to go were Lynch, Demarco Murray and Arian Foster and I just didn't love enough of them at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            It's start 2 QB, so they'll both start...
            Ah, missed that. Then I love your team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Ah, missed that. Then I love your team.
              Well, I certainly can't hear that enough...hopefully it will pan out!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Well, I certainly can't hear that enough...hopefully it will pan out!
                Hear it again then. Also love it. Obviously RB is your Achilles heel but love it everywhere else.

Comment

Very strong team. Maybe a little weak at RB depth - I'm not sold on Chris Johnson holding much value and I'm not touching that situation in Miami with a 10-foot cattle prod. Sankey might be the starter by default (due to Shonn Greene's general suckitude) but he's done nothing to win much confidence in pre-season. Is Randle or Dunbar the handcuff in Dallas. Everything I've read, the new OC in Dallas (former Detroit OC) raves about Dunbar.

Any chance Knile Davis is available. If Charles goes down, you might be in trouble.

With that said, WR is strong and I LOVE Cutler this year (if he stays healthy, which, of course, is an issue with ANY NFLA player, but he does have a bit of a history). In a 2 QB league, you've done well.

Have you plugged in your team to the Footballguys team rater?

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    Very strong team. Maybe a little weak at RB depth - I'm not sold on Chris Johnson holding much value and I'm not touching that situation in Miami with a 10-foot cattle prod. Sankey might be the starter by default (due to Shonn Greene's general suckitude) but he's done nothing to win much confidence in pre-season. Is Randle or Dunbar the handcuff in Dallas. Everything I've read, the new OC in Dallas (former Detroit OC) raves about Dunbar.

Any chance Knile Davis is available. If Charles goes down, you might be in trouble.

With that said, WR is strong and I LOVE Cutler this year (if he stays healthy, which, of course, is an issue with ANY NFLA player, but he does have a bit of a history). In a 2 QB league, you've done well.

Have you plugged in your team to the Footballguys team rater?
                    Randle was just a whatever pick because Knile was taken. I will probably cut him shortly. Football guys liked my roster - gave it an 85 percent chance to make the playoffs if I have my stellar in-season management as always.

On to draft #2 tonight!

Comment

Working...
                    X