Free Agents and Keeper Slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agents and Keeper Slots

In a snake draft, how does your league handle free agent pick-ups in regard to keeper slots (i.e. slot round) for the following year?

Are they assigned a mid-draft pick, like round 7/8?
    Are they assigned a final round pick?
    Can they even be kept?

thanks...The league has not determined how that will go yet....ugh.

This will help answer whether to drop Baldwin who was a 16th round pick or Hartline who was a 14th round pick for someone like Marquise Lee or Jordan Matthews as gamble picks that may be great keepers next year.

As you may already know, the current WR list is Dez, Jeffrey, Wallace, Floyd, Hartline, Baldwin, so whoever is picked up will hardly get in the rotation unless it is a bye week and maybe not even then.

RJ pay for play counts free agents as 10th round picks, so they are 8th rounders as keepers as we reduce by 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      RJ pay for play counts free agents as 10th round picks, so they are 8th rounders as keepers as we reduce by 2 rounds.
      Is that pretty standard, both the round and the reduction?

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        My local league also counts them as 10th round pick and we reduce by 3 rounds each year. So they are 7th round keepers at next year's draft.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Any responses on whether to get Lee or Matthews in place of Baldwin or Hartline??

If we followed the same keeper rules, both of these guys would be a 7th or 8th round pick next year...I do not believe Hartline or Baldwin would be keepers regardless of the fact they are 14 and 16 round picks.

Comment

In one of my leagues, if the player acquired was not drafted, he becomes the round of the player he was dropped for for keeper purposes. If the player acquired was drafted, he retains the round he was drafted in for keeper purposes.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              In one of my leagues, if the player acquired was not drafted, he becomes the round of the player he was dropped for for keeper purposes. If the player acquired was drafted, he retains the round he was drafted in for keeper purposes.
              Yeah i think the latter point is important. A dropped player retains his round in my leagues even if he's picked back up as a free agent. If his round is lower than the default round for free agent pickups (i.e. a player drafted in the 12th round gets dropped and then gets picked up later) he gets the FA round.

I'm in the RJ league also where it's an 8th round keeper. I have a more aggressive league where FAs are 5th rounders. I'll say that in RJ, there are always a ton of FA that get kept. In my other league there are not so I would go somewhere in the 5-8 range depending upon how beneficial you want it to be to keep a FA pickup.

Comment

For anyone drafted we move up one round. Any pickups during the year cannot be kept.

Comment

Working...
                X