VERY Deep League Available Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY Deep League Available Players

I'm in a stupid deep league, 18 teams (that can start 2 QBs...do the math on that one), and through some odd means, a few players have come available. I have a player I'm perfectly willing to drop, because he might not even be on a team, but is nothing more than a kick returner. Here's who is available that I'm considering:

Jordan Matthews PHI WR
    Bryce Brown BUF RB
    BenJarvus Green-Ellis CIN RB
    Brandon Gibson MIA WR

BJGE might not be in Cincy for much longer, though locally they believe he'll stick as #3 on the totem pole. If he gets dropped, he could end up in a better situation.
    Brown is #3 in Buffalo, but I don't like he puts the ball on the ground too much. But an injury to one of the top two guys he could give something.
    Gibson looks to be the #4 guy in Miami...but is that really going to end up meaning much?
    Matthews is likely the #3 WR in Philly, which is in line to be a great offense. But #3 WR makes him what...#6 target on the team behind Macklin, Cooper, Ertz, McCoy, and Sproles? But Macklin could break again...ARGH

What do you think? I'm looking for upside...who has the highest upside here?
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Best combo of upside and production this year is Matthews. He's a great fit for that system and by all accounts has been their best WR in camp. There are a lot of mouths to feed, but they will be among the league leaders in plays run, and Maclin's health is a question mark.

Second choice would be Brown, who could have a major role if one of FJax or Spiller get hurt. If this is a keeper league, there's a chance they let FJax and Spiller walk after this year and give Brown the job in 2015.

The other two are nothing special. Green-Ellis might even get cut.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Yeah, I'm high on Matthews as well.

I have him on most of my teams.

Comment

I'd rank them:

Matthews
        BGE(rumors that he may get cut and picked up by NE)
        B. Brown
        Gibson
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I agree with jwlincy's list, but would put Mathews well above the other three
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I agree with jwlincy's list, but would put Mathews well above the other three
            I'm not buying the law firm at all especially not if it takes two rumors coming true. Either way it's Mathews no doubt

Comment

Thanks all! I thought maybe my Eagle fandom was distorting my vision on this one.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
              X