Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foster, D. Martin or Gronk - 14 Team 0.5PPR

Make your case.

Who do you like better as a RB2 in a 14 team 0.5PPR league? I'm preparing myself for this choice in my draft on Thursday. If things go the way that I think they will for the first 20 picks, these 2 will be my best RB options to choose from.

Or I could grab Gronk at TE. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    D. Martin
    0%
    A. Foster
    0%
    R. Gronkowski
    0%
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

I took Foster over Martin in Pay for Play because he has a longer track record of success and less viable competition for carries. But I can see a case for Martin. I would not take Gronk when RBs of that caliber are still on the board, but that's just me. His injury history (and the unpredicability of his coach) is too much for me to risk at pick 21. A round later, yes.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Martin is rising up the charts, with Lovey declaring he's the bellcow; the injuries to Sims and James; and his level of play in the pre-season games. It's close, but I'd take Martin.

Comment

Yeah there is major risk in all of these players but I agree with Ed. Foster and Gronk are very unlikely to stay healthy all season. TE has some nice depth and I wouldn't blow such an early pick except for Graham. Also the O-line upgrade for Martin will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
          Yeah there is major risk in all of these players but I agree with Ed. Foster and Gronk are very unlikely to stay healthy all season. TE has some nice depth and I wouldn't blow such an early pick except for Graham. Also the O-line upgrade for Martin will help.
          Agreed - I'd likely go with Martin for all the same reasons.

Comment

I was prepared to go with Doug Martin if I ended up faced with these choices but D. Martin went #10 overall. WOW!!

So I was able to snag Antonio Brown at #21. (Foster went #22 & Gronkowski went #23)

Thanks for all of the input.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
            X