Dolphins RB: Miller and Moreno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins RB: Miller and Moreno

In a standard Yahoo league (I got my wife to play FF for the first time ever by joining a simple league...she really had fun drafting) I drafted Lamar Miller. He's behind Peterson, Foster, and Spiller in a 2 RB league.

So my question comes down to this: Moreno went undrafted, should I pick him up? What is your prediction for the season in Miami?

I'd drop either Cecil Shorts or Kelvin Benjamin.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Shorts is suspended for four games. I would drop him pickup Moreno and see how it plays out. I think miller will emerge there but shorts isn't worth wasting the roster spot.

Comment

After Saturday, I'd definitely be picking up Moreno. Early in camp, it seemed that MIller might take the job, but Moreno's pulled ahead and I think Miami's run game will be much improved this year.

Drop Shorts. You'll want to keep the only receiver apparently on Carolina's roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
        Shorts is suspended for four games. I would drop him pickup Moreno and see how it plays out. I think miller will emerge there but shorts isn't worth wasting the roster spot.
        Where did you see this about Shorts suspension? I'm not finding anything. Do you mean Ace Sanders?
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          In a standard Yahoo league (I got my wife to play FF for the first time ever by joining a simple league...she really had fun drafting) I drafted Lamar Miller. He's behind Peterson, Foster, and Spiller in a 2 RB league.

So my question comes down to this: Moreno went undrafted, should I pick him up? What is your prediction for the season in Miami?

I'd drop either Cecil Shorts or Kelvin Benjamin.
          Who are your other WRs?

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
            Where did you see this about Shorts suspension? I'm not finding anything. Do you mean Ace Sanders?
            Yup sanders not shorts. Sorry. I'd still do it

Comment

The lead RB in this offense (derived from Chip Kelly's) has the potential to be huge. You should have both contenders to cover your bet. I would drop Shorts, as I don't expect the JAX passing game to do much early in the season.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                Who are your other WRs?
                Marshall, Wallace, and Edelman as starters.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                  Marshall, Wallace, and Edelman as starters.
                  Yep, Shorts would be the one that would have to go. I'd make the move to get Moreno.

Comment

Then there's this...

"Lamar Miller still on track for Fins lead RB"

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                      Then there's this...

"Lamar Miller still on track for Fins lead RB"

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7408/lamar-miller
                      I would still hedge. Miller has flopped before when given the chance to be The Guy, and regardless of how it shakes out on other downs, Moreno will see a lot of snaps on third down because he's very good at pass protection.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The Dolphins don't know what the hell they're doing, and nobody knows what in God's green Earth they're getting in Moreno without Peyton Manning at the helm. Miller has been nothing but mediocre in the past, and I expect Moreno to get a fair shake at the lion's share by week 2 or week 3 at the latest. I have no idea if Moreno will run with it, but there's a damn fine chance he's the guy in Miami by Week 4 when they face the Raiders. I don't trust Miller for shit and Moreno has been too good in the past to completely throw him aside. This situation reeks of hidden value in Moreno.

Comment

Working...
                        X