Ranks these RBs - 0.5PPR league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranks these RBs - 0.5PPR league

How would you rank the following RBs in a .5PPR?

G. Bernard
    Foster
    Lynch
    D. Martin
    D. Murray

Thanks.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

As follows:

G. Bernard
    D. Murray
    Lynch
    Foster
    D. Martin

Comment

D. Murray
      G. Bernard
      Lynch
      Foster
      D. Martin
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Bernard
        Murray
        Foster
        Lynch
        Martin

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
          As follows:

G. Bernard
          D. Murray
          Lynch
          Foster
          D. Martin
          Ditto.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            D. Murray
            G. Bernard
            Lynch
            Foster
            D. Martin
            Ditto... However, with the injuries to the TB backfield, I'd consider moving Martin up to 4th - if not 3rd.

Comment

I think that I'm leaning towards:

D. Murray
              Bernard
              Lynch
              Martin
              Foster

Comment

Bernard
                Murray
                Lynch
                Martin
                Foster

Comment

Here's how they went last night in my draft:

1.10: D. Martin
                  1:14: D. Murray
                  2.03: Lynch
                  2.06: G. Bernard
                  2.08: Foster

Comment

In my redraft it went like this:

2.03 Murray
                    2.05 Lynch (me)
                    2.06 Bernard
                    2.11 Foster
                    3.03 Martin; this was before the Mankins trade but after the Sims injury.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      In my redraft it went like this:

2.03 Murray
                      2.05 Lynch (me)
                      2.06 Bernard
                      2.11 Foster
                      3.03 Martin; this was before the Mankins trade but after the Sims injury.
                      So Martin was ranked last by all but one (who ranked him 4th), but his value seems to have shot up quite a bit as he went first last night. Is that just hype or should he be ranked 1st now?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The perception is now that Martin will get most of the carries. It was looking like others would cut in more, but then Sims and James got hurt and the coaching staff went on record as saying Martin would be the bell cow. The Mankins trade further heightened the perception that Martin could produce big numbers from a lot of work.

I still see him as about even with Foster and not as attractive as Murray, Lynch or Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          The perception is now that Martin will get most of the carries. It was looking like others would cut in more, but then Sims and James got hurt and the coaching staff went on record as saying Martin would be the bell cow. The Mankins trade further heightened the perception that Martin could produce big numbers from a lot of work.

I still see him as about even with Foster and not as attractive as Murray, Lynch or Bernard.
                          I get the sense that there is a lot more 'noise' in fantasy football analysis compared to baseball. In the past few days I've seen blurbs disparaging Murry (injury history), Jones (injury history) and Bernard (split time with Hill). Is it because there is simply less actual reporting to be done so they just make shit up? Or am I just reading bad sources?
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

It's partly because there is less actual reporting to be done. But a big part is that statistical analysis is much more difficult because the sample size is much smaller and the injury rates are much higher. Especially at the RB position, previous stats are no guarantee of future performance. Something like half of the top RBs taken in fantasy drafts every year bust.

Skill-player production is also highly dependent on two things not in control of the player: coach's scheme/preferences and offensive line performance. There's no good way to analyze that quantitatively.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              I get the sense that there is a lot more 'noise' in fantasy football analysis compared to baseball. In the past few days I've seen blurbs disparaging Murry (injury history), Jones (injury history) and Bernard (split time with Hill). Is it because there is simply less actual reporting to be done so they just make shit up? Or am I just reading bad sources?
                              Murray does have an iffy injury history and it's the only thing holding him back. The Dallas O-line is tremendous and Murray is a dynamic runner, but you can't confidently say you'll get 16 games out of him. As for Bernard, there have been actual reports that Hill will cut into his touches significantly and Hill's performance through the preseason make those reports very plausible. Not sure who you're referring to when you say Jones.

So back to your original question, our perceptions, expert rankings and ADPs don't often match. Even more so, a single draft is not representative (think of it as small sample size). When you look around the universe of drafts, Bernard, Murray and Lynch are generally above the other two. There is genuine debate between Foster and Martin but they are right next to one another. I do think there are factors pushing Martin up but the drafts referenced here likely are due to hype IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X