Second keeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second keeper

12 team PPR with bonuses for exceeding 100 yards rushing or receiving or 300 passing. Two keepers each and players move up two rounds the following season. I pick 12th. I am keeping Eddie Lacy in the 2nd. Who should be my second?

AJ Green 4
    Le'Veon Bell 5
    Keenan Allen 5
    Zac Stacy 5
    Gronk 4
    Luck 7

I was leaning bell but the Blount usage has me scared and edging toward green...

Green. I hate Bell this year.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Well with pick 12 Bell would be a 5.12 keeper whereas Green would be 4.1. I still like Bell and think it will be a 70/30 split and he will get all the catches and Ben really wants to run more no huddle which should help him.

That said, Green's ADP is 12th and Bell's is 20th. Green is very safe and it is PPR so you can't go wrong there. I still have faith in Bell, but when you can get a first round talent in round 4 that you know will get a ton of targets I think that is the safer play.

Comment

That's a tough call. It's very tempting to have two Top 10 RBs with 2nd & 5th round picks. I would also be nice to have some balance with a top 5 RB and top 5 WR for the price of 2nd & 4th round picks. Green is a 1st round pick and Bell is a 2nd round pick according to ADP data. What players are you projecting at the #12 pick?

In the end, I'd probably go with Green due to the presence of Blount, which lowers Bell's value a bit this year.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

who do you project will be there at 1.12 for you?

Comment

Green without a doubt. But you do have some nice options. Bell, Allen and Stacy would all still be values even with bumping them up 2 rounds

Comment

Those are all good values, so take the studliest guy, which is Green.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                Well with pick 12 Bell would be a 5.12 keeper whereas Green would be 4.1.
                Can he trade picks before the draft? In one of my keeper leagues, we can, so people trade for lower picks in rounds they have keepers in exchange for higher picks in other rounds. This morning, since I am keeping C. Patterson in the 11th, I traded 10.11, 11.2 and other stuff for 10.1, 11.12 and other stuff.

Comment

I agree with going with Green in this. Bell seems like a nice option, especially in a PPR league, however like most I am not a fan of his this year. I actually feel some regression. His 3.5 YPC last year has me thinking Trent Richardson. Probably an unfair comparison given Bell's talents especially in the passing game. Plus with the addition of Blount, there's some vulturing to be done.

Comment

I know that 3.5 YPC number for Bell is bad, but that offensive line last year was a mess with injuries. Pouncey and DeCastro being back and fully healthy could really improve the holes for Bell and Gilbert has also looked good so far. I am still for Green as the keeper, but I have seen that 3.5 number thrown around a lot of places and the line did him no favors last year. We will see, but I think the YPC goes up and if he is healthy all year his catches will certainly improve.

Comment

Green would be who I'd keep. But if you're bound and determined to keep two RBs, I'd keep Stacy before Bell.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                        I know that 3.5 YPC number for Bell is bad, but that offensive line last year was a mess with injuries. Pouncey and DeCastro being back and fully healthy could really improve the holes for Bell and Gilbert has also looked good so far. I am still for Green as the keeper, but I have seen that 3.5 number thrown around a lot of places and the line did him no favors last year. We will see, but I think the YPC goes up and if he is healthy all year his catches will certainly improve.
                        The perception was that Bell would have a lot of fantasy value based on volume, and now it looks like Blount will cut into quite a bit of that volume. However, I do agree that his rate stats should be better this year because the O-Line should be better.

Comment

Working...
                        X