Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which draft slots would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which draft slots would you rather have?

I'm working on a potential trade with these two outcomes - which would rather have? Non-PPR, start 2 RB/2WR/TE/Flex, QB TDs only 4 points

Scenario 1) #3 overall pick, #7 overall pick, #22 overall pick

Scenario 2) #7 overall pick, #10 overall pick, #18 overall pick

Is moving up from 7 to 3 that important to lose a few spots in the 2nd round? I can get AP/Forte at #3 and CJ/Demaryius/Bryant at #7 but I'm afraid that all the 2nd tier RBs will be gone by #22 whereas if I stay at 7 and 10, I could get the same stud WR but then someone like Montee Ball/Demarco Murray and potentially a Gio Bernard type at #18 (if he falls that far which I doubt).

I currently have the 7th pick but that's a tough spot this year with guys like McCoy, Charles, AP, Forte, Lacy and CJ all likely off the board.
    #3, #7 and #22
    0%
    #7, #10, #18
    0%

You're not really moving up from 7 to 3, but from 10 to 3, while holding 7. I think it's a great idea to have the #3 and #7....what you are losing in the second round isn't really that much of a dropoff.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      You're not really moving up from 7 to 3, but from 10 to 3, while holding 7. I think it's a great idea to have the #3 and #7....what you are losing in the second round isn't really that much of a dropoff.
      Pogues - good point, I mistyped that one above. I wish RB was deeper this year but hopefully a few will come through in scrimmages and/or my leaguemates make a few surprise selections which allow someone to fall down to 22 that I'm not expecting to be there.

Comment

I think I was over-thinking everything.

#7 pick stays the same so there is my top WR

Moving from #10 to #3 gives me AP/Forte instead of M. Ball/D. Murray which is a good upgrade.

I have Le'Veon Bell as a keeper which means I could pair him with AP/Forte and use my 2nd round pick either on one of the top WRs if they fall or hope that someone like Gio Bernard falls to 22nd which is likely doubtful.

So going with the 3/7/22, I end up with AP/Forte, Demaryius/Dez, Gio/B. Marshall/Jordy/A. Brown/Zac Stacy

going with 7/10/22, I end up with Demaryius/Dez, Monte Ball/D. Murray and hopefully one of M. Ball/Murray/Julio/AJ Green (although all of them could still be off the board by 18 and I'm back where I started at above)

Sometimes you just need to write it out!

Comment

Since your 7th pick stays the same, the decision is either having the #3 + #22 or the #10 + #18, and this is a total no-brainer. The guy making the deal with you is ending his season before it even starts!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Since your 7th pick stays the same, the decision is either having the #3 + #22 or the #10 + #18, and this is a total no-brainer. The guy making the deal with you is ending his season before it even starts!
            Thanks Revo! I might have a trade in the works to move up from #3 to #1 now as well which I wouldn't have had that opportunity if I stayed at #10.

Comment

Working...
            X