Drafting #8, who do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting #8, who do you like?

I drew the #8 slot in my local 14 team .5PPR league.

Guessing the draft will go something like this:

1. McCoy
    2. Charles
    3. Peterson
    4. Cal. Johnson
    5. Forte
    6. Lacy
    7. Rodgers

And with Ball & L. Bell both both being keepers, I'd be looking at either Dem. Thomas/D. Bryant, J. Graham, Lynch/D. Murray or P. Manning/Brees.

4pts for passing TDs kind of eliminates the QBs. Who you taking?
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Wow, Rodgers 7th? I get that you're in Wisconsin, but that's a pretty dumb homer pick regardless, especially in a 14-tm league.

You gotta get the points there, so I'd go Demaryius or Bryant, with Gio Bernard as a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Wow, Rodgers 7th? I get that you're in Wisconsin, but that's a pretty dumb homer pick regardless, especially in a 14-tm league.

You gotta get the points there, so I'd go Demaryius or Bryant, with Gio Bernard as a thought.
      Yeah I agree. I'm not sure what it is about this league but QBs go super fast, even though its only 4pts for passing TDs. The last couple of years there have been a bunch of QBs drafted in the 1st round (4 QBs drafted in the 1st round last in 2013, 5 in 2012, 3 in 2011 & 3 in 2010). I seem to get stuck drafting one of the last QBs because I refuse to reach on a QB and they always go higher than they should.

I was wondering about Gio, wasn't sure if that's too early for him. You like him over Lynch & Murray?

Comment

Who is your keeper?

I like WR's near the end of the rounds, but with this being a 14 team draft, you're actually in the middle of each round.

So, you can kinda watch the "runs" and make your decision on the fly.

The top 4 consistent WR's with 0.5 ppr were Gordon, Brown, Thomas and Marshall.

At RB, top 4 (not drafted in your first 7 picks above) were Murray (93%), Chris Johnson (81%), Alfred Morris (81%) and Ryan Mathews (75%).

Based on the above...I like Murray at #8.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
          Who is your keeper?

I like WR's near the end of the rounds, but with this being a 14 team draft, you're actually in the middle of each round.

So, you can kinda watch the "runs" and make your decision on the fly.

The top 4 consistent WR's with 0.5 ppr were Gordon, Brown, Thomas and Marshall.

At RB, top 4 (not drafted in your first 7 picks above) were Murray (93%), Chris Johnson (81%), Alfred Morris (81%) and Ryan Mathews (75%).

Based on the above...I like Murray at #8.
          Cobb (6th round) is my keeper. Should have mentioned that at the beginning. Others projected keepers are: K. Allen (WR), R. Jennings (RB), Stacy (RB), Gerhart (RB), T. Williams (WR), Harvin (WR), A. Morris (RB), Ball (RB), Jeffery (WR), Ellington (RB), L. Bell (RB), J. Thomas (TE), E. Sanders (WR).

Comment

I think I'd go with Murray then based on his consistency (when healthy).

He was a perfect 10 for 10 in 2012....again when healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              I think I'd go with Murray then based on his consistency (when healthy).

He was a perfect 10 for 10 in 2012....again when healthy.
              That's not very consistent for a first rounder, not producing in six weeks.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I agree with Griswold. Of the players you listed I would take Murphy. If Jimmy Graham is available I would consider taking him there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Ed, I was off by 1 with my Rodgers prediction - He went #6 overall.

3 QBs went off the board in the 1st round (Peyton #2, Rodgers #6 & Brees #12). Then Luck (#19) & Stafford (#24) went in the 2nd round. Ryan (#29), Brady (#31) Romo (#32) & Foles (#42) went in Round 3. Cutler (#43) & Newton (#48) were taken in the 4th. R. Wilson (#57) was the only QB taken in the 5th round and Kaepernick (#78) went in the 6th. At that point 12 of the 14 teams had their starting QB (and one team had their backup). Those 2 teams grabbed RGIII (#100) & C. Palmer (#123) as their starters.

Good times!

Comment

Working...
                  X