Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats SDS!

Comment

• Congrats SDS. Looking forward to another year with another rebuild.

Sorry to see Hammer leave. It great having him on here.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        Congrats SDS. Looking forward to another year with another rebuild.

Sorry to see Hammer leave. It great having him on here.
        Thanks fellas... also sorry to see Hammer go... hope all is well
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Congrats to SDS!

I've said all along we should consider alternatives to CBS, because they are expensive and don't offer our preferred waiver method, blind bidding followed by FCFS.

I've also said that I think the fairest way on late-season waivers is to lock a teams roster at the end of the regular season if they don't make the playoffs, and to lock it after elimination for teams that do.

Haven't had a chance to think about tiebreaker rules.

Sorry to see Hammer go.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• The only reason I'd consider an alternative to CBS is because the league fee is so small compared to the site fee. But the site would have to be compelling enough to move, and must include mobile apps/compatibility. No 1990s era sites. The minor issue of the waiver method rates a 1 on a scale of 100 on reasons to move.

I'm good with locking rosters for non-playoff teams and after elimination for playoff teams.

My preferred tiebreaker method is higher seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              The only reason I'd consider an alternative to CBS is because the league fee is so small compared to the site fee. But the site would have to be compelling enough to move, and must include mobile apps/compatibility. No 1990s era sites. The minor issue of the waiver method rates a 1 on a scale of 100 on reasons to move.

I'm good with locking rosters for non-playoff teams and after elimination for playoff teams.

Good point on the mobile app. Well we now have 8 months to search around and see what we can find.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                The only reason I'd consider an alternative to CBS is because the league fee is so small compared to the site fee. But the site would have to be compelling enough to move, and must include mobile apps/compatibility. No 1990s era sites. The minor issue of the waiver method rates a 1 on a scale of 100 on reasons to move.

I'm 100% on board with your thoughts on the site and the tiebreaker.

As for locking rosters, there would then have to be a ban on keeping any player picked up during the playoffs as well otherwise it'd be unfair to the non-playoff teams. I'm ok with doing this but I think it HAS to be part of locking teams out of pickups.

Comment

Working...
                X