Early Keeper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Keeper Question

Watching the mock draft get underway got me thinking about fantasy football again so I wanted to get some early thoughts on keepers. We can only keep 2 players and they can be kept 2 rounds higher than where they were drafted last year. Players drafted in the 1st and 2nd round last year aren't eligible to be kept (so there will be plenty of star power still at the top of the draft).

12 team league - start 1QB, 2 RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, D. Passing TD's are 4pts and everything else is 6pts. NO PPR.

I acquired in a trade Julius Thomas, eligible to be kept in the 12th round. That seems like a no-brainer.

My other keeper boils down to one of these guys, all eligible in the 5th round (through various trades/drafts/FA rules):
    Zac Stacy
    L'Veon Bell
    Russell Wilson
    Michael Floyd

I'm leaning towards either Stacy or Bell. I also have two 1st-round picks so I could have endless options of pairing up Stacy/Bell with 2 more stud RBs, a strong RB/WR combo, etc.

Thoughts?

Gotta go with Bell here.

Comment

Bell, with a bit of distance back to Stacy. And I'd be looking to grab RB/WR in the first round...or WR/RB.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Bell for sure.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Agreed. Bell...and I'm a big Stacy fan, but Bell

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            Bell, with a bit of distance back to Stacy. And I'd be looking to grab RB/WR in the first round...or WR/RB.
            Thanks all!

I agree - I'm hoping that the traded pick is in the top 4 and I can get one of the top backs and then my own pick is in the bottom half and I can get one of the top WR's and still pick sooner in the 2nd round. If I get both picks in the top 4 I don't think I can pass up the top backs but anything after that would be RB/WR

Comment

I'd agree. Pair Thomas with Bell and you'll be in great shape. Good luck.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
              X