RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Big Tymer makes it solid dozen.

We can begin tomorrow. Can someone send me 12 numbers mixed up, and someone else send me the 12 drafters mixed up? Thanks.

Comment

Just sent you numbers

Comment

Numbers from FF:

Names from Big Tymer:
        Steve
        Frae
        Piney Boy
        Erik
        Big Tymer
        Revo
        Hornsby
        Jwlincy
        Friarfan
        Pogues
        Hammer
        Griswold

Draft Order:

1 - Friarfan
        2 - Revo
        3 - Erik
        4 - Hammer
        5 - Steve
        6 - Hornsby
        7 - Frae
        8 - Jwlincy
        9 - Big Tymer
        10 - Griswold
        11 - Pogues
        12 - Piney Boy

I'll rename this thread the discussion thread and create a draft thread.

Comment

I think I'm ok with the #9 pick but I guess we'll see tomorrow. Thanks for putting this together Ed.

Comment

And we're under way

Comment

I was deciding between Peterson and Forte. I still don't know what I would do in a "real" draft at 3, presuming Charles and McCoy were gone. I'd rather have 4 and take whoever falls.

Forte is younger and catches more passes, but Peterson is more likely to have a high TD total.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I was deciding between Peterson and Forte. I still don't know what I would do in a "real" draft at 3, presuming Charles and McCoy were gone. I'd rather have 4 and take whoever falls.

Forte is younger and catches more passes, but Peterson is more likely to have a high TD total.
                Definitely no easy choice. For me forte gets an edge because of another year of experience for all the key offensive players.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

WOO HOO! Megatron!

Comment

Hornsby with the first bold pick of the draft. Can't say I disagree with it

Comment

After the first four RBs and Megatron, anything is possible. Thomas certainly has a good chance of putting up the numbers to justify 1.06.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                        Hornsby with the first bold pick of the draft. Can't say I disagree with it
                        Thanks...there were no RB's left who can give me the production that Thomas can, and the old model of going RB in the 1st couple of rounds is dead, IMO. The league has changed so much, and the use of running backs changed along with it...so going with the times and changing my strategy for this mock to see what happens.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          The old model of going RB in the 1st couple of rounds is dead, IMO.
                          Yep. Especially in PPR. I do think the four RBs that were taken are a special case because they have a unique combination of talent, track record and workload that the others don't. If I have a top-4 pick in my real redraft, I will be taking one of them. But after that, while there are some RBs that are probably worth a first-round pick, it's perhaps not a good idea just to go RB for RB's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Thanks...there were no RB's left who can give me the production that Thomas can, and the old model of going RB in the 1st couple of rounds is dead, IMO. The league has changed so much, and the use of running backs changed along with it...so going with the times and changing my strategy for this mock to see what happens.
                            I agree with FF that it's a bold pick but one that makes a lot of sense.

Comment

So this is what we call a "slow draft" huh?

In terms of picks thus far, I'm a footballguys.com advocate so pretty close to the board (VBD Excel App) when adjusting for scoring.

Comment

is that a wrap? who wants to analyze each team?
                                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                                X