No announcement yet.

Josh Gordon Suspended for 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like he's going to get 8 games. Week 9 is my worst bye week (Ryan, Jones, Marshall) so I'm glad I picked him up, even though it's still too harsh IMO.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Now I'd sue the NFL. He's still being suspended more than a spousal abuser

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        No kidding. There seems to be no end to how the NFL is screwing themselves over in the public eye with these suspension lengths.

Comment

Reports are now saying he'll still be suspended for 10 games meaning he'd be active in Week 12 and potentially fantasy playoffs. If you own him in a 12-team league, are you holding on to him? Are you trying to trade him - if so, for what?

I have him in a keeper league which Ill hold pat for sure. In my re-draft league that I own him, I may shop him but still undecided.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            In principle, I agree with you - suspending someone for a non-PED for longer than a spousal abuser is stupid in the extreme.

OTOH, I'd have to defer to Lucky or someone else better versed in being a judge than me, but I'd suspect a lawsuit would get laughed out of court - if the judge were in a good mood. NFL rules were exceedingly clear about penalties for repeat drug users, even for something like marijuana. He broke the rules, was suspended in accordance with those rules, and would be fortunate to be given a 6 game break by the NFL. Regardless of how stupid those rules are, Gordon agreed to abide by them, and got busted when he didn't.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Last I read, Ian Rapperport is saying it will be 10 games.

Comment

Working...
              X