Champions - Check in Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions - Check in Here!

Ok, who has won championships this year? Post your rosters (opening day and final):

Shoguns of Harlem - 12 team, ppr, start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 5 IDP players, must be at least one from: DT/DE, LB, CB/S. 3 keepers on O and D

Roster after the draft - Roster as of Season Finale
    QB: Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford Russell Wilson, Eli Manning
    RB: CJ Spiller (keeper), Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, Mark Ingram, Bernard Pierce - CJ Spiller, Zac Stacy, MJD, Montee Ball Bernard Pierce
    WR: AJ Green (keeper), Mike Wallace, Chris Givens, Vincent Brown, Ruben Randle - AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Jarett Boykin, Eddie Royal, Ruben Randle
    TE: Jimmy Graham (keeper) - Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph
    K: Garrett Hartley - Garrett Hartley
    DL: Greg Hardy, Ndomukong Suh Greg Hardy
    LB: James Launrinitis (keeper), Patrick Willis (keeper), Demeco Ryans, Vontaze Burfict - James Launrinitis, Kevin Burnett, Vontaze Burfict
    DB: Patrick Peterson (keeper), Jarius Byrd - Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu

Yes, I did win my Super Bowl game without a freaking kicker. Hartley got axed by NO and I didn't have any moves left to replace him (we have a 10 move cap - plus on IR move)

Trades: Got frustrated with Miller and Wallace early in the year and traded for MJD (who wound up having some good games later in the year) and a bye week fill in for Graham (Rudolph).

Key Pickups - Scored with pickups of Alshon and Stacy who pretty much carried me to the championship. Tyrann Mathieu was a nice pickup for most of the year as Peterson might be the best cover corner in the league, but for fantasy purposes in IDP leagues is not good. I was hoping for more return yardage from him and was under the impression that they were designing some plays for him on offense, but that never materialized.

Busts - CJ Spiller was a HUGE disappointment and I didn't play him down the stretch - other than the 9 and 13 outbursts. I completely overvalued Chris Givens and Vincent Brown heading in to the year.

Gold - AJ Green was as steady as could be. Even his "down" weeks were productive (other than week 11 against Joe Haden in which I gambled and started Boykin instead). As mentioned above, picking up Stacy and Jeffrey were my keys. Russell Wilson was steady as well (although his Super Bowl performance in week 16 put me in jeopardy of losing the title). Jimmy Graham outscored the next best fantasy tight end by almost 100 points and is as big of an advantage as you can have in fantasy football - other than Manning - who outscored the next best (Brees) QB by 120 and the 3rd best (Rivers) by almost 200!

Lessons learned -
    If you don't grab Manning, Brees or Rodgers (even though he got hurt which you can't predict) waiting on a QB in this day and age is the way to go. The next highest scoring QBs: Rivers, Dalton, Stafford, Romo, Luck, Roethlisberger, newton, Wilson, Brady and Foles are all separated by less than 50 points - and Rivers, Foles and Dalton probably were not even drafted in a lot of leagues. I waited on one and got Wilson in the 7th round and am happy.

You can grab RBs after the draft! There's always some gold to be found after play begins. Use your waiver wire. Zac Stacy won me the league. I dare you to find a league where he was rostered after the draft.

Matchups matter. I was able to sidestep Spiller's Boom or Bust year by sitting him pretty much after week 6 and picking my spots against softer defenses like Atlanta. And, other than the bye week, the only time I sat AJ Green (where you would normally start as a rule) was against Cleveland and Joe Haden.

Heading in to next year: I have a decision to make on my keepers. The candidates are: Green, Graham, Jeffrey and Stacy. I'm leaning Green, Graham and Jeffrey. They will give me such an advantage at the receiving position (it's like having 3 WR1s) that I can afford to head in to the draft without an RB1 (and, of course, I can wait on pulling the trigger on a QB). I'm hoping to be able to trade Stacy for a swap of 1st round draft slots (as of now, I'll be picking last)

My only win was in the free Liz Hurley league, but hey, it counts and it was a 14-teamer against other Rotojunkies.

And it was autodrafted!

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D. Standard Yahoo decimal scoring (pass TDs = 4)

QB after draft: Flacco, Tannehill
    QB at end: Foles, Flacco
    RB after draft: Murray, McFadden, Stewart
    RB at end: Murray, Rainey, McFadden, Helu, Whittaker
    WR after draft: Marshall, Bryant, James Jones, Malcom Floyd, Broyles
    WR at end: Marshall, Bryant, James Jones, Marvin Jones
    TE after draft: V. Davis, Pettigrew
    TE at end: V. Davis, Clay
    K after draft: Janikowski, S. Graham (yes, the autobot drafted me a backup kicker for some reason)
    K at end: Walsh
    D after draft: Seattle
    D at end: Seattle

The lessons here are twofold: You can win going WR-WR in the first two rounds (even in a 14-teamer), and Nick Foles was one of the greatest WW pickups of all time.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Won the title on a very dramatic final game. Needed 12.38 from Tony Gonzalez and it looked pretty bleak going into the fourth quarter. The Gonzalez TD pulled me within 0.48 and finally, a catch after the onside kick sealed the deal. I thought I was going to barf, but pulled through.

Anyyyyyyway, moving onto my roster. We start 2 QBs and there are 12 teams in the league. Points are 25/yard for passing with 6 point TD and -3 for INTs. Rushing and receiving yards are 10/point. Receptions are half a point:

Post-Draft:

QBs: Cam Newton, Andy Dalton
      RBs: Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson, Darren McFadden, LeVeon Bell, Joique Bell, Knowshon Moreno (ROUND 15!), Denard Robinson
      WRs: Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson, Brian Hartline, Stevie Johnson, Emmanuel Sanders
      TE: Tony Gonzalez
      K: Ryan Succop
      DEF: Chicago

End of Season Roster:

QBs: Newton, Dalton, Josh McCown
      RBs: Charles, Moreno, Bell, Steven Jackson, Rashad Jennings
      WRs: Steve Smith, Alshon Jeffrey, Jordy Nelson, Stevie Johnson, Percy Harvin
      TE: Tony Gonzalez
      K: Nick Novak
      DEF: Chicago, New Orleans

Trades: My biggest trade was Joique Bell and Brian Hartline for Brian Hoyer, Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Bolden. I was actually making the trade for Hoyer because I needed a QB to fill in for Newton during a bye week. And obviously it turned out that Jeffrey was a key part of winning the title. I liked Jeffrey, but I certainly did not think that he would be THIS good.

I also traded McFadden for Harvin which was a non-factor.

Key Pickups: Josh McCown was great for me, while Dalton was struggling a little bit mid-season. Dalton obviously brought his A game during the finals. Rashad Jennings was a nice pickup for me and performed quite well, putting me in a tough decision some weeks.

Busts: Didn't really have any major busts. Stevie Johnson was pretty weak, but once I had Jeffrey, there was absolutely no use for him. McFadden was a bust, I guess, but I had such RB depth that it didn't really hurt me.

Gold - Jamaal Charles was amazing. His only question was staying healthy and he did all year. He was amazing. Moreno was amazing, especially as a ridiculous steal in the 15th round.

Biggest Lessons Learned:

Yes, Mith, luck does matter a lot. Moreno is a perfect example. I wasn't drafting him because of some love for Moreno, but just for extra depth. He turned out to be an absolute beast. Also, Charles staying healthy was lucky.

Agreed with the RBs after the draft. In my other league (which I did not win), I had Stevan Ridley, Lamar Miller and Darryl Richardson coming out of the draft. In the final round, I was playing LeVeon Bell, Stacy and Rashard Mendenhall (only Bell was drafted).

Comment

Second straight championship in my non-keeper league! Finished 12-4 after a 1-4 start.

This years roster:
        QB: Nick Foles (free agent pickup)
        RB1: Frank Gore
        RB2: Zac Stacy (free agent pickup)
        WR1: Calvin Johnson
        WR2: A.J. Green
        TE: Julius Thomas (free agent pickup)
        RB/WR: Josh Gordon
        K: Stephen Gostkowski
        DEF: Seattle

Top Bench players: Tom Brady, Chris Ivory, Roddy White

Bye-Week pickups: Charles Clay, Garrett Hartley, Baltimore Defense

Dropped: Eli Manning, Rashard Mendenhall, Fred Davis
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I would not be surprised to see the Seattle D on a lot of championship rosters. Normally D doesn't make a huge difference, but some weeks the Seattle D performed like a stud RB or WR.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
          X