Might as well start now: 2014 auction keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might as well start now: 2014 auction keepers

14 teams, $250 cap. PPR, decimal scoring, all TDs 6.

I am definitely keeping Russell Wilson for $11 and Keenan Allen for $8. I can keep two others. Who do you like from this list?

RB J. Bell $14
    RB Morris $66
    RB Ridley $26
    RB Woodhead $18
    WR D. Baldwin $6
    WR Boldin $22
    WR Garcon $38
    WR James Jones $13
    WR Wallace $26
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Any thoughts on this now?

Comment

Ugh, I think a few of the borderliners took a hit. I'd probably go with James Jones & Anquan Boldin, but neither are terribly exciting.

Comment

I guess the questions is: Would you be able to get any of those guys back for that price or less? I don't have much experience in salary cap ffl leagues, but I know that, while the $66 price tag for Alf Morris looks extreme, top tier backs go for big money in these leagues. I could be wrong, especially with the devaluation of RBs over the last few years, but you would definitely need to spend some bucks on an RB1.

With that said, if you don't think you'd be able to Morris (or an equivalent RB1) back for $66 or under, you might as well hang on to him. That offense in WAS should improve and he should go back closer to his 2012 numbers instead of last year's.

Bell might be nice value at that price, but there are a lot of mouths to feed in Detroit. I don't see any value in the rest (including Jones and Boldin). At least none that I wouldn't think I could get back for cheaper if you threw them back.

Comment

I wouldn't keep Morris at $66 in a PPR league since the guy catches almost no passes.

Comment

We have a weird auction dynamic. Top RBs and WRs go for big bucks, and most of the good RBs are kept because turnover at that position is such that few stay elite for very long, so those that do are held on to for as long as it is fiscally possible. However, Morris and Shady were the top backs available last year, and both went for less than I projected. There is definitely a ceiling as far as what people are willing to max out on for a back. This then leads to the second tier of available backs going for more than they should. The league also tends to bid crazy on rookie backs projected to get a lot of playing te.

I think Morris may go for less than $66 if I throw him back, because he doesn't catch passes and seems to be considered less elite than he was a year ago.

I would like to know what people think of Wallace now that Miami will be running Philly's offense, and Ridley now that Blount is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I wouldn't keep Morris at $66 in a PPR league since the guy catches almost no passes.
              Didn't consider that. And, after looking at some recent notes on him, I guess Gruden isn't that enamored with Morris' pass-catching ability, so he's probably going to get no play in the pass game.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I would like to know what people think of Wallace now that Miami will be running Philly's offense, and Ridley now that Blount is gone.
                After a really lackluster start, he did have a decent second half last year. He was very slow to learn last year's offense, so is learning this one going to be that much of a learning curve? He's an enigma.

I don't like Ridely, I think he really burned his bridge with Mr. Grumpypants last year with his fumblitis. Vereen is the guy I'd want there.

Comment

As you might expect, Vereen is owned at a keeper-worthy price by someone else.

Comment

Working...
                  X