Round 1- Playoffs?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 1- Playoffs?!?

The title, of course, referring to Jim Mora's epic rant.

Need to choose my flex for the week. NO PPR, 10 yards/point.

Harry Douglas vs. Washington
    Rashard Mendenhall vs. Tennessee
    Stevan Ridley vs. Miami

I don't think I can trust Ridley even though he got a few carries last week. I feel like Ellington takes enough of Mendenhall's "value" that Douglas is the play, especially against the Skins D. Agreed?

Douglas. Not much of a decision, imo.

Comment

Kind of my thought, but if I didn't doubt myself, this wouldn't be fantasy sports...

Comment

There are a bunch of RB injury situations out there, which could lead to value for guys like Starks, Todman, etc. If any of those guys are available in your league and become the lead back this week, I'd consider one of them. I like Douglas, but it looks like Roddy is back and Ryan is looking at Roddy more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
          There are a bunch of RB injury situations out there, which could lead to value for guys like Starks, Todman, etc. If any of those guys are available in your league and become the lead back this week, I'd consider one of them. I like Douglas, but it looks like Roddy is back and Ryan is looking at Roddy more and more.
          I agree, any options out there on the waiver wire? Since its not a PPR league, I'd possibly go with Mendenhall (had 17 carries last week with Ellington back and the Titans are not good versus the run).

Targets the past 2 weeks:

Roddy White: 14, 10
          Harry Douglas: 15, 7
          Last edited by jwlincy; 12-10-2013, 02:36 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
            I agree, any options out there on the waiver wire? Since its not a PPR league, I'd possibly go with Mendenhall (had 17 carries last week with Ellington back and the Titans are not good versus the run).

Targets the past 2 weeks:

Roddy White: 14, 10
            Harry Douglas: 15, 7
            We're capped at 25 moves for the year and since I was fighting just to stay in playoff contention, I used up all my moves, so the waiver wire is not an option.

The choice is really between those three.

Comment

Douglas

Comment

Do the Dougie

Comment

Washington has given up 21.9pts per game to opposing WRs over the past 4 weeks (PHI, SF, NYG & KC)
                  Tennessee has given up 33.6pts per game to opposing RBs over the past 4 weeks (IND, OAK, IND & DEN)

Douglas has averaged 9.15pts per game over the past 4 games (only 4.65 over the past 2 games since Roddy White has emerged)
                  Mendenhall has averaged 10.05pts per game over the past 4 games (8.85 over the past 2 games)

Everyone seems to think that Douglas is the best play but I think that Mendenhall has a good chance to outscore him especially in a non PPR league.
                  14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                  RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                  WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                  TE: Olsen (NA)
                  K: Lutz (7)
                  DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                  X