Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-Finals Lineup - RBs

Need to start 2 of these (listed in order of how I am currently leaning):

1. Zac Stacy vs. NO - LOVE that, despite the matchup like last week vs AZ, the Rams give him the ball and his volume of carries makes up for a tough matchup (he only got 25 yards, but scored a td and caught a couple of passes - enough to make it a not so bad day). Matchup at home vs the Saints middle-of -the-pack run defense is nice.

2. CJ Spiller @ Jax- Ugh! Ultimate Boom or Bust guy right now. Going against Jax is too tough to pass up.

3. MJD vs Buf - I'd flip-flop him with Spiller if I was confident that his hammy isn't an issue. Should practice later in the week and projected to play, but if he gets one carry, reinjures it, and he's done for the day, I'll be screwed. Don't think I can take the chance despite juicy matchup against Buffalo.

4. Montee Ball vs SD - The wild card here. Denver is lessening Knowshon's load to get him fresh for the playoffs and Ball is producing like an RB2 despite splitting carries the past few weeks. Another nice matchup against SD.

Thoughts?

Jacksonville has been playing the run really well over the last 6 weeks (allowing 2nd fewest points to opposing RBs behind Arizona).

I agree with your assessment of Jones-Drew. I don't know if I'd risk it with his hammy, although he may be inactive which would make your choice easy.

I'd go with Stacy and gamble on Ball (averaging 14 carries, 97 yards and 0.5 TDs over the last 2 weeks).
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Stacy & Spiller. All it takes is one carry for Spiller to go from bust to boom!

Comment

Stacey and Ball...Spiller is simply not trustworthy at this point. Ball is going to get half the snaps, and a good portion of the goal line work.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Stacy & Spiller
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Is this a PPR league? CBS Sportsline has these guys ranked:

1. Jones-Drew (17.4pts)
            2. Stacy (14.65pts)
            3. Ball (12.65pts)
            4. Spiller (9.85pts)

The other site that I use has them rated as:

1. Stacy (13.9)
            2. Spiller (13.8)
            3. Ball (12.6)
            4. Jones-Drew (9.9)

These rankings are for a 1/2PPR league. It looks like Stacy should be one of your starters, then it comes to Jones-Drew (if you feel that he's healthy and won't re-injure his hammy). If you're uncomfortable with MJD then its really between Spiller and Ball. Both guys are splitting carries but Ball has a better match up if you look at recent numbers for the Jacksonville DEF.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Stacy and Spiller

Comment

Working...
              X