fantasy football scoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantasy football scoring

I am in a new league and was wondering how the REGULAR season league champion is determined.
    division wins
    division leader
    other

Please respond so that I can get a consensus or standard

thanks
    overall points
    0%
    wins
    0%
    division leader
    0%
    other
    0%

The poll is expired.

Every league I've ever played in has been best win-loss record for regular season champ, so I voted wins. Older leagues' tiebreaks have been record against teams in tie, while my newer yahoo league's tiebreak is most points.

Comment

agreed. It may not be the most fair, but fantasy football is a game of small sample sizes anyway. I think every league I've been in, by default the regular season champ is wins, then points as tiebreaker. I have been in a couple that have a separate small prize for most points, a consolation prize for most points against (which I am dominating in Liz Hurley), etc.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Can I get a few more voters? and comments - thanks

Comment

I picked division leader but each division is ranked based on W-L record so I could have picked wins. Tiebreaker is total points so I can go 2-0 vs someone but if we both wind up 9-4 and he has more points than I do he wins the division.

Comment

Yeah if you're not going to use win to determine the winner, then there's no point in keeping wins at all. Just go to a points-based roto style standing and eliminate the head to head component.

Comment

Wins and head to head pretty much go hand in hand.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Our league uses wins with the tiebreakers being points scored & then H2H as tiebreakers.
                14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                TE: Olsen (NA)
                K: Lutz (7)
                DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Working...
                X