X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDIS week 7 TE and flex

14-team PPR league.

At TE: Gonzo vs. TB or Gates @ JAX?
    At Flex: Whenever of Gonzo/Gates I don't start at TE, Ridley @ NYJ or (if healthy) James Jones vs. CLE?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

I'd go with Gonzo and Ridley, Gates is tempting at both, especially since Gonzo could suffer if Atlanta's offense is just incompetent without their other stars. Pretty close to a coin flip at TE. I really like Ridley at flex though.

Comment

I'd have to go with Gonzo and Gates. Tampa and Jax are generous to opposing TEs, and these are two good ones. The only threats to Gates' targets are Woodhead and Allen, but I think they're actually helping him out. As for Ridley, he looked great against New Orleans, but you have to remember that the Saints run defense hasn't been good all season (the pass rush and pass defense has been much better...not the run defense). He'll be going from rushing against the Saints (21st against rush, allowing 5.1 ypc) to rushing against the Jets (2nd against rush, 3.0 ypc). Could Ridley go 20-80-1 with a few receptions against the Jets? Possibly if he breaks off a big run. I just wouldn't bet on it. I look at it this way, if Gates caught 6-60, Ridley would have to rush for 60 and score a TD to equal him (Ridley may or may not catch a pass...4 receptions all season). I think it's more likely for Gates to do better than 6-60-0 than for Ridley to do better than rush for 60 with a TD.

In a PPR, it's Gonzo at TE. Then Gates over Ridley at the Flex.

Comment

Gonzo & Gates.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
          Gonzo & Gates.
          I agree - I think both Gonzo and Gates are going to get a huge number of targets in their games. If it wasn't PPR then my answer would probably change but I think they're both a lock for 5-10 catches at least.

Comment

Both TE. Don't trust Ridley yet and the Jets excel against the run

Comment

Yeah, I like Gonzo and Gates too.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                The only threats to Gates' targets are Woodhead and Allen, but I think they're actually helping him out.
                Heh, as it so happens, this team has both of those guys too (and they are starting for me.)
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                X