Trade for Upcoming Bye Weeks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Upcoming Bye Weeks??

Two starting RB are Charles and Moreno...each has a bye coming up. My reserve RB are Jackson, Stacy and JBell

Should I offer up Fitzgerald and Jackson (or Stacy) for Foster?? He essentially would be a two week play in weeks 9 and 10 against Indy and Arizona with potential plays in weeks 11 and 12 with Oak and Jac. Not sure that would be enough to get him though.

My other WR are Hilton, Hopkins, TWilliams, MWilliams, JSimpson

If necessary, I could then trade either Charles, Moreno or Foster after week 10 to get a #1 WR for the playoff run. All three should fetch a #1 WR in return, if not slightly more.

Thoughts?

PPR or standard league? How many do you start at each position? If you start 3 WRs each week, trading Fitz away would leave you really thin at WR each week.

Foster has been playing well lately (100 total yards three weeks in a row). I'd personally want something more than Fitz and S. Jackson for Foster since Fitz is nursing a hammy and S. Jackson didn't practice yesterday (after their bye week). Stacy wouldn't get it done for me either. I guess it would depend on what the Foster owner needs.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
      PPR or standard league? How many do you start at each position? If you start 3 WRs each week, trading Fitz away would leave you really thin at WR each week.

Foster has been playing well lately (100 total yards three weeks in a row). I'd personally want something more than Fitz and S. Jackson for Foster since Fitz is nursing a hammy and S. Jackson didn't practice yesterday (after their bye week). Stacy wouldn't get it done for me either. I guess it would depend on what the Foster owner needs.
      Sorry, PPR league, start 2 RB and 3WR...no Flex position.
      Foster owner lost Cobb and has no real viable replacement...although Douglas and Randle are on the WW, so, I'm sure those will be targeted.

Maybe I wait until after this weekend to see if Jackson plays. If he does, I think that might be enough to make the deal happen as the owner did have interest in Jackson before the injury.

Comment

I wouldnt be in the market for either Fitz (hurting) or Jackson (made of glass). Assuming its a 12 team league, youre okay with Stacey. However, if youre looking to upgrade, your package should be Stacey and Fitz for an RB although youre not deep at WR.

I would stand pat unless you can find someone in love with Fitz.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
          Sorry, PPR league, start 2 RB and 3WR...no Flex position.
          Foster owner lost Cobb and has no real viable replacement...although Douglas and Randle are on the WW, so, I'm sure those will be targeted.

Maybe I wait until after this weekend to see if Jackson plays. If he does, I think that might be enough to make the deal happen as the owner did have interest in Jackson before the injury.
          You can still offer it up to get the discussions started. See how they respond and then go from there. You'd also find out if they are even willing to deal Foster in the first place. They may wait and see what they can grab from waivers before they start exploring any trades.

If you start 3 WRs each week, you'd be rolling with Hilton, Hopkins, and T. Williams/M. Williams/Simpson. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence especially in a PPR league. What RBs are on the waiver wire? Maybe that's the best option for you to fill the byes. Or like Hammer said, Stacy is a fine bye week fill in.

Comment

when is your trade deadline? Week 10 is usually the deadline in most leagues.

Comment

Trade deadline is between weeks 12 and 13...November 27.

FYI...I picked up Boykin and Douglas yesterday and dropped MWilliams and Simpson. Williams just hasn't done anything and the QB situation is not very good. Randle was picked up by another owner. So, the owner I am targeting DID NOT pick up one of the big FA as I expected they would.

Comment

Your offer, with Jackson still not certain to play anytime soon, won't get it done. And if you do trade Fitzgerald, your WRs will take a big hit. So I say stick with what you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Your offer, with Jackson still not certain to play anytime soon, won't get it done. And if you do trade Fitzgerald, your WRs will take a big hit. So I say stick with what you've got.
                  I'd probably lean towards this option. Just not sure that you have the WR depth to deal away Fitz, who is by far your best WR.

Comment

Working...
                  X