Clear All

• RB/WR trade options - help needed

Could use some advice.

Andre Johnson
    -----------------------------------------------
    Reggie Wayne/VJax/Sproles/Chris Johnson
    -----------------------------------------------
    Shorts/Bowe/Denarius Moore/McFadden/McGahee

1) Anything you disagree with in the tiers listed above?

2) I own the bolded players, and need to start three of them each week. At QB (just one needs to start), I have Rivers and RG III and Kaepernick, while my potential trading partner, who owns the other players listed, has no good QB (Alex Smith/Dalton/Schaub), and needs to start just two of the unbolded RB/WRs each week. What's a trade that would help both teams?

You offer:
    VJax, CJohnson & his choice of Kaepernick or RGIII

You ask for:
    Andre Johnson & Sproles

Who knows about VJax now with Mike Glennon starting, and if we thought Chris Johnson was bad the last two years, well he's been downright turrble this year. And with Rivers back to being a stud, you could even offer him but Kaepernick may still get this deal done.

Comment

Yeah, I like that trade offer. In your tiers, I would probably put Sproles ahead of VJax if it's PPR, and I would strongly consider making the top tier AJ/Wayne/Sproles. I think AJ has come back to the pack a little bit. I'd also take McFadden over Bowe and probably McGahee over Denarius.

But if he thinks Wayne is really a step below AJ then maybe I ask for Wayne instead.

Comment

What kind of scoring system are we working with? PPR, 1/2PPR, 4pts for passing TDs, 6pts for passing TDs? That will help when trying to compare players.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

The site that I use updates season projections each week. Here is what they have for a PPR league:

Wayne: 15.7
          A. Johnson: 15.0
          Shorts: 14.1
          V. Jackson 13.9
          Bowe: 12.9
          D. Moore 12.9

Sproles: 14.4
          C. Johnson: 13.4
          McFadden: 11.8
          McGahee: 11.5

Rivers: 21.8
          RGIII: 21.5
          Kaepernick: 19.8

I'd give him his choice of Shorts, V. Jackson & Moore plus C. Johnson & his choice of RGIII & Kaepernick for Sproles & his choice of A. Johnson or Wayne.

Good luck!

Comment

Sorry I foolishly left off the scoring system.

--Not PPR
            --6 pts for a TD run/reception
            --5 pts for a TD pass
            --3 pts for every 75 yards passing
            --3 pts for every 50 yards rushing
            --3 pts for every 50 yards receiving

Comment

Thanks for all the help so far and sorry again for neglecting to list the scoring system - that's a noob mistake.

I'm glad everyone hit on AJ or Wayne as the target. One of my fundamental questions is whether Wayne is really an upgrade for my starting lineup (if he says no to AJ).

Another one is whether Rivers is really better than RG III. No way he'll take Kaepernick, but I do like giving him the choice between QBs Kaepernick and RG III, and also wondered whether to offer Rivers (or to say yes to a potential counter of Rivers)

I like revo's initial offer idea. Maybe adjust revo's idea to give him the option of taking out Sproles and ChrisJohnson (not PPR, remember.) I guess I'm down to wondering - what's the worst I should be prepared to accept: Rivers and VJax/ChrisJohnson for Wayne sorta seems like not enough to me.

Comment

Since you have 3 QBs, couldn't you just offer him RGIII or Rivers for Wayne? Then you're basically getting Wayne for nothing since you don't need that 3rd QB. Not sure you have to throw in another player.

Comment

Working...
                X