Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Problems

I'm 2-3 in my 14 team local league.

Vick has been my starting QB (with Bradford as my backup). Obviously with Vick's injury I'm looking for QB options.

Should I:

1. Pick up a QB and wait out Vick's injury (available QBs are Roethlisberger, Henne, Fitzpatrick, Weeden, Glennon, Foles, Cassel, Freeman)

2. Trade a 4th round draft pick next year for Matthew Stafford

3. Trade a 2nd round draft pick next year for Drew Brees

I currently have the #6 waiver claim.
    Pick up FA QB and wait for Vick to return
    0%
    Trade 4th round pick next year for Stafford
    0%
    Trade 2nd round pick next year for Brees
    0%

The poll is expired.

14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

1) Pick up Foles, so you'll have the Philly QB no matter what.

Comment

If you have a good team trade for Brees. Sometimes the record doesn't tell the whole story so I don't know how good your 2-3 really is. In one league I am 2-3 but I wouldn't make such a deal because my team isn't that good and I don't think one more player will help me win it all. In another league I am 0-5 but barely outscored for the year so I would make that deal.

I wouldn't mind the Stafford deal but I don't know about Calvin. If that was a one time rest than Stafford will be a decent QB, if Calvin misses more time Stafford will suffer. If you decide against trading I would take Foles.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
        If you have a good team trade for Brees. Sometimes the record doesn't tell the whole story so I don't know how good your 2-3 really is. In one league I am 2-3 but I wouldn't make such a deal because my team isn't that good and I don't think one more player will help me win it all. In another league I am 0-5 but barely outscored for the year so I would make that deal.

I wouldn't mind the Stafford deal but I don't know about Calvin. If that was a one time rest than Stafford will be a decent QB, if Calvin misses more time Stafford will suffer. If you decide against trading I would take Foles.
        My team is in my signature. 6 teams make the playoffs in our league. Right now, those playoffs teams would be 5-0, 4-1 and four teams that are 3-2. After that there are seven teams at 2-3 and one team at 0-5. So I feel that I have a pretty good shot to get into the playoffs with a weekly starting lineup of:

QB: New QB/Vick (when healthy)
        RB: McCoy
        WR: Dem. Thomas
        WR: Colston
        RB/WR: Lacy/L. Miller/Powell
        TE: Gronkowski
        K: Bailey
        DEF: BAL

Comment

I'd do the Brees deal. Flags fly forever in football too. Your team would be awesome with him. If Vick comes back you could try to trade him for a lower pick to mitigate the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I'd do the Brees deal. Flags fly forever in football too. Your team would be awesome with him. If Vick comes back you could try to trade him for a lower pick to mitigate the damage.
            I was kind of leaning this way but the Brees owner wants me to throw in an 8th round pick to go along with the 2nd rounder. I told him that Brees is on a bye in Week 7 and Vick may be back for Week 8. Still waiting to see if he's going to take my Bradford & a 2nd round pick next year offer.

The Stafford owner asked if I'd give him a 4th round pick but I may see if he'd take a 5th round pick instead since L. Miller is one of my potential keepers next year (4th round).

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
              My team is in my signature.
              Now that you point that out to us blind people that can't see it, I would do the Brees deal. You will be sitting a good Vick whenever he is healthy but he may come back for week 8, play 2 weeks, get hurt again and be out who knows how long. With your team I would think you have a chance of winning with Brees. Replacing Vick with Foles or any other FA would hurt in the playoffs.

Comment

Could you get a stud RB or stud WR from a dumper for a 2nd round pick instead? I'd prefer Vick-Stud RB to Brees-Lacy and Vick-Stud WR to Brees-Colston

Comment

I voted for the Brees deal. You've got the pieces for a serious contender. Plus I like the combo with Colston.

Comment

The Brees option is off the table. He found another owner to give him & 2nd & 7th next year for Brees. Oh well, WW QBs here I come.

Comment

Waivers ran last night. I got Keenan Allen, Nick Foles & Josh Freeman.

Comment

Looks like you might get Vick back in wk 7 if lucky. don't love Foles vs TB w/ 2 wks to get ready for Kelly's O

Comment

Originally posted by SMELL THE GLOVE View Post
                          Looks like you might get Vick back in wk 7 if lucky. don't love Foles vs TB w/ 2 wks to get ready for Kelly's O
                          The good news is that I play the team that just traded away Drew Brees (for Carson Palmer and 2nd & 7th round draft picks next year) and Spiller & T. Smith (for Givens, Harvin and a 2nd round pick next year). Not saying that its a given that I'm going to win this week but his recent trades won't hurt my chances. His starting lineup is:

QB: G. Smith
                          RB: P. Thomas
                          WR: Shorts
                          WR: M. Williams
                          RB/WR: Royal
                          TE: D. Walker
                          K: Novak
                          DEF: Colts

Comment

Working...
                          X