FAAB leagues and Sunday pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAAB leagues and Sunday pickups

Does anyone out there play with FAAB and allow owners pickups on Sunday? My league owners are all bitching that our last FAAB run is Saturday night, and they want a free-for-all on Sunday. Now, free-for-all and FAAB are completely incompatible with each other, but I'm just wondering how other leagues handle this.

I play in one league that does FAAB. $100 FAAB budget, one round per week, bids due midnight Wednesday night.

Then, starting Thursday morning and ending Saturday midnight, there is a free-for-all Add/Drop, with any player picked up costing $1 in FAAB. And any player who was dropped during FAAB or during the first-come, first-served Add-Drop process during the week is ineligible to be picked up in that same week.

So in this league, FAAB and free-for-all aren't completely incompatible and it works pretty well. For example this week, whoever loves Foles the most bids the most, and gets him. But then if you want to replace your scrub kicker on bye with another scrub kicker, you don't have to hassle with FAAB, if you don't want. Just pick up your next scrub kicker during the free-for-all period.

I think the only reason this part ends Saturday night is that all transactions are submitted via league web site, but are approved/implemented by commissioner, and we can't count on the commissioner to be putting last-minute transactions through. This sorta stinks b/c you have to log in again to set your lineup after the Commish gives you the player. I'm not sure if that's because CBS doesn't allow it to work without commissioner intervention, given some of our detailed rules.

Comment

Thanks. ESPN doesn't allow anything like this. I could set them to 11am but then every day has to be 11am, so we could do Wed/Thu/Fri/Sun at 11am instead of our current Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat at 11pm.

I suggested that people could email the commish and if I happened to be around they could get a special pickup for $10 in FAAB but I don't love that idea because I won't always be around Sunday morning.

Comment

I think that you may be stuck with the current system for this season. Maybe next year you can look at some other sites that would be able to handle your FAAB/Free for All system. Good luck.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          I play in one league that does FAAB. $100 FAAB budget, one round per week, bids due midnight Wednesday night.

Then, starting Thursday morning and ending Saturday midnight, there is a free-for-all Add/Drop, with any player picked up costing $1 in FAAB. And any player who was dropped during FAAB or during the first-come, first-served Add-Drop process during the week is ineligible to be picked up in that same week.
          I have three leagues, all on myfantasyleague.com, that work like this. The budgets and bidding deadlines are all a little different from each other, and there is no commish approval required so the FCFS deadline is 1 PM Sunday (except for players that played in Thursday games), but it's the same idea. Never had an issue with it.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
            I think that you may be stuck with the current system for this season. Maybe next year you can look at some other sites that would be able to handle your FAAB/Free for All system. Good luck.
            myfantasyleague.com and rtsports.com both do this.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
            X