Is this team hopeless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this team hopeless?

It sure feels that way. 12-team PPR, 10 yards/pt for rush/receiving, 20 yards/pt for passing and 4 for passing TDs. I'm about to be 1-4 after my whole team crapped the bed this week.

QB Brady
    RB Sproles
    RB G Bernard
    WR V Jax
    WR Edelman
    TE J Graham
    Flex Witten
    K Bailey
    D Browns

Bench
    WR Donnie Avery
    WR Dwayne Bowe
    WR Boldin
    RB Ryan Matthews
    RB McGahee
    RB Lamar Miller
    D Steelers

Unfortunately my league is pretty top-heavy with a few really good owners and a few really bad teams, so I haven't been able to parlay any of my depth into better star players, and I probably won't be able to do it this week either. I just traded Reggie Bush for Graham before this week, I was unable to sell high on Edelman or Boldin and get them included in the deal. I love Bush and didn't want to deal him but Graham is just too good to pass up and it wasn't like I loved my flex options anyway.

You have the TE market cornered with Graham and Witten, neither of which "crapped the bed" this week. The rest of your team definitely crapped the bed though. Ultimately I don't see enough consistency from your RB slot. Your WR's look good and deep, especially in a PPR with Edelman. Get some running help and don't carry two defenses.

Comment

I am going to lean towards you having a real uphill climb. Your backs are suited as RB2 and RB3. edelman is about to lose some relevance and the Pats O line is hurting. I am not saying this is a bad team but at 1-4 I dont think you have enough to get back to a playoff type record.

good luck
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yeah, Brady, V Jax, Bowe - all probably fairly early picks - and none have worked out. And with Edelman's useful days winding down, WR2 is going to be ugly. Consider trying to flip Graham for an elite WR? History suggests Graham won't keep up his insane pace of outproducing the top WRs. Or trade Witten for a good WR? And you've got 5 starting RBs; any way to combine any two of them for a top RB from a team who has an awful 2nd RB? Guys won't likely trade their first round pick, but they might trade their 2nd round RB pick.

Comment

I gotta think that Brady will get a lot better when Gronk makes his return. However, as pointed out above, that might come at the expense of Edelman. Never fear, though, Amendola will be out again soon. And, again, I agree with James, you have a treasure trove at TE, perhaps you can trade one for an upgrade at WR.

At RB, Sproles will have his days and ever his "bad" days are still ok in PPR leagues. Bernard will continue to see his role grow and I'm still a believer in Lamar Miller. Hopefully, their O-line play improves and their OC gets his head out (they completely abandoned the run game yesterday even tough they didn't have to)

Comment

Thanks guys. I am still trying to work out some trades but there aren't many good trade partners at this point. Everyone is content to play stars and scrubs and doesn't want to deal 3 good players for 1 great one. All my guys pretty much killed their trade value this week too.

I'm playing the best team in the league this week so I'll need a miracle. Suddenly the Steelers D against the Jets isn't looking as good as I thought.

Comment

OK, would this help? I got an offer from Gronk's owner. I don't think I can turn this down:

Give up: Graham, Donnie Avery, Steelers D
              Get back: Gronk, Spiller, Josh Gordon

Comment

do it quickly
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  do it quickly
                  Yes, definitely.

Comment

ACCEPT! ACCEPT! ACCEPT!

You need things to break your way to salvage the season, so while Gronk still has injury questions a nd Spiller seems to be putting up worse numbers than FJax in a 180 degree reversal of the last few seasons, I think you need to take the chance that they'll produce at or near a level expected of them preseason.

Avery and Steelers D aren't worth much.

Comment

Thanks guys. Should be a fun ride with Gronk the rest of the way. I could still try to trade Witten but I accepted the deal so here's where I am now:

QB Brady
                      RB Sproles
                      RB Spiller
                      WR V Jax
                      WR J Gordon
                      TE Gronk
                      Flex Witten
                      K Bailey
                      DEF Browns (need to find a new plug and play)

Bench
                      WR Edelman
                      WR Boldin
                      WR Bowe
                      RB G Bernard
                      RB L Miller
                      RB Matthews
                      RB McGahee

If I can sell high on Boldin or Edelman or find a believer in any of my bench RBs I can try to package something together.

So this means that in the last 5 days or so, I turned Reggie Bush and $2 of FAAB into Gronk, Gordon, and Spiller.

Comment

A Witten/Lamar Miller combo should net you a pretty decent RB upgrade; or conversely, a Witten/Bowe or Boldin combo will net you a big WR upgrade. Find that team with the crappy TE and pound him with offers. I would lean to getting the better WR, which you seem to need. I would rather dump Bowe personally, but you might have to pony up with Boldin instead.

Comment

Working...
                        X