Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 4 Musings (Or: "The Week I Began to HATE Fantasy Football")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Musings (Or: "The Week I Began to HATE Fantasy Football")

Oy vey, I hate this "hobby"

On the bright side, my Chargers upset the Cowgirls:

Mike McCoy has been the best thing to happen to Philip Rivers since, well, since before AJerk cleaned house of his skill players. While Manning is breaking records in Denver with receivers like Thomas, Welker and Decker (and using the same system McCoy left behind) Rivers is doing it with receivers like Keenan Allen, Vincent Brown and Eddie Royal (and a depleted offenseive line that wasn't good to begin with). To McCoy's credit, he's found a way to get the ball out of Rivers' hands and taking the pressure off of the O-line. Why Norval couldn't figure this out is beyond me.

Dwight Freeney is done for the year (and, possibly, his career) with a torn quad. The already anemic Charger pass rush just gets worse. Continue starting all opposing skill players against the Chargers with confidence.

Manti Te'o made his debut yesterday and was almost invisible. He'll slowly be worked in but I don't anticipate much of an impact.

Of all the injuries to occur yesterday, Vince Wolfork is the biggest loss to his team. The Pats are going to have to scramble to replace him.

Who had week 4 in the pool for Darren McFadden going down? They say his status for next week is up in the air, but I doubt he'll go. The Raiduhs also lost Marcel Reece and will turn to Rashad Jennings will be the feature back in their absence. Even against the sieve of a defense in SD next week, I'm not touching him.

CJ Spiller, I think I am beginning to hate you. Sorry your gramps went nuts and all, but you ave fantasy owners counting on you, so get over it. (Yes this was dripping with sarcasm, so calm down). But, seriously, he just can't be counted on at this point.

The Ravens totaling 9 rushing attempts for 24 yards against the third worst rushing D is sad, and just very bad game-planning (even if Rice wasn't at 100%)

Andy Dalton is severely impacting AJ Green's ceiling. I know the Browns are playing much better, but Cincy should have walked over them.

The Texans will never get the next level with Matt Schaub at the helm. They beat up the Seahawks for 50 minutes and then caved.

Up by 7 with 5 minutes left and a 3rd and long in their own zone and the Buccaneers ask their rookie QB starting in his first NFL game to throw (subsequent INT and then quick TD ties up the game). Bad, bad play calling. Schiano is on thin ice.

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post

Manti Te'o made his debut yesterday and was almost invisible. He'll slowly be worked in but I don't anticipate much of an impact.
    Too easy, but has to be done.

Just like his girlfriend? Baddum bum.

Comment

Week 5 is the week to start Eli Manning. He may not do what his brother did, but the Eagles pass D can't stop anyone.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
      X