Week 4--Best Yardage Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4--Best Yardage Choices

This the 4th and final week for my contest that involves mostly yardage. QBs count only passing yardage, RBs only rushing yardage, and WR/TE only receiving yardage. I can pick 5, so obviously looking for the best 5. I've chosen a few at each position as solid choices, in bold. I'm considering the others listed, but looking for a sleeper or two if anyone has any opinions.

QB:
    Brees vs MIA
    P.Manning vs PHI
    Stafford vs CHI

Ryan vs NE
    Brady @ ATL
    Romo vs NE
    Palmer @TB
    Tannehill @NO

RB:
    D.Martin vs ARI
    Charles vs NYG
    Peterson vs PIT
    (is he a good play? I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at his slightly above average stats)
    Morris @OAK
    Pierce @BUF (will Rice start?..I'd take him instead, obviously)
    F.Jackson vs BAL (Will Spiller be back?)
    Jones-Drew vs IND

WR:
    Marshall @DET
    CaJohnson vs CHI (especially with that Burleson injury)
    Ju.Jones vs NE
    De.Thomas vs PHI

AJ Green @CLE
    Fitzgerald @TB
    Bryant @SD (he has sucked mostly thus far...not liking that risk)
    Shorts vsIND

Only the top 4 players statistics count, so a little risk is OK. With a great week I could come away with $400...though I'd have to pick near perfect. I can take any player at any position, so the field is wide open.

Oh, and the #1 catch...lineups need to be set before the Thursday night game, so if injured players MIGHT play, but might not, it will be tough to take the risk.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

I'm not much of a fantasy football guy, but I know a fair amount...

That being said, Manning against the 4th worst passing D is an obvious choice for me with Brees right behind him.
    Don't be fooled by Arizona's 3rd ranked rushing D...they've played the Rams, Lions and the Saints...hardly any decent rushers from those teams...
    Going into the season Megatron was the man in Detroit, now that Burleson's out, he's even more the man...

For me, it's Manning, Brees, Martin, Charles and Megatron

But again, I'm not nearly into FF as most others in the Forum

Comment

Can you choose any players or do they have to be from your list?

I'd go with Peyton, Brees, McCoy & Calvin.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

It is five players in each group, so five QB, five RB, five WR/TE. Not five total.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

The only thing I'd be afraid about from Peyton is that the Eagles are sure to give him a short field 2-3 times at least during this game.

Comment

QB - Your QB ranks look right to me; I'd go with top 5 you listed. You mentioned this is the last week, tho, so if you are behind in the contest and need to "throw long" to catch up, Tannehill vs. NO would be tempting.

RB - Given all the injury situations and potential for split carries with guys coming back from injury, I'd definitely go with Morris as 4th RB. And I can't see benching AP. McFadden is interesting since he plays Washington - they've given up a lot of rushing yards as well as passing yards.

WR - Not Shorts - too few possessions with Indy looking to run so much. Not Fitzgerald as Revis plays for TB now. Of the guys you listed that were not bolded, AJ Green. I'd consider DeSean Jackson over Marshall, as Denver, because their offense has dominated, has given up a lot of passing yards, but Marshall-AJ Green seem to be the safer choices.

Comment

Working...
            X