WDIS: ESPN Standard League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDIS: ESPN Standard League

Most positions are easy, but I am looking to start 3 running backs. My wide receivers are so pathetic any of these guys beats my 3 WR easily.

D Martin @ NE
    R Bush @ WSH
    D Richardson @ DAL
    D Wilson @ CAR
    R Mendenhall @ NO

Bush, Richardson, and Mendenhall are all listed as questionable. Wilson is healthy but so far dreadful. Martin seems like my only healthy safe bet...and I'm not even confident with him against the Patriots. Please help!
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Martin is a no-brainer. Bush is a no-brainer if he's healthy. If Bush is healthy, I go Martin, Bush and Wilson. Without Bush, I'd go with Richardson. Wilson has been dreadful but he has way more upside than either Richardson or Mendenhall, combined.

Comment

1. Martin
      2. R. Bush (if he plays)
      3. Wilson (kid is too talented to stink this bad)
      4. Mendenhall
      5. D. Richardson
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Mendenhall has a great matchup vs. a turrble NO defense, so if he plays, he'd be my #3 choice behind Martin & Bush.

Comment

I'd start them in the order that you listed them, Pogues, if they end up playing. In other words, only go Wilson if one guy doesn't play, and Mendenhall if two guys don't play. Hopefully all their games are early games Sunday; I didn't check the schedule. If you have to make a call before actives are announced, I think I'd still take a chance on R. Bush - a 50% chance of R. Bush playing is better than 100% chance of the other three guys playing.

Comment

So many variables here because of injury question marks, but...

1. Martin - despite matchup he's a week in week out starter.
            2. Bush - He should play and even if his snaps are limited, the Skins D should allow him to produce
            3. Mendy - officially listed as Probable, so he should play and has a good matchup. Any chance of picking up Ellington as a handcuff? Hearing good things about that kid.
            4. Richardson - Practiced yesterday and should play but, IMO, the Rams will probably fall behind like they did last week and be forced to throw.
            5. Wilson - Actually lost carries to BRANDON JACOBS!!! and Carolina is pretty decent against the run (I know Spiller went over 100 against them last week, but I don't think Wilson's getting over 10 carries to be able to do so). I'd only start Wilson if the rest of the group listed above is out

Comment

Thank you all. Went with Martin/Bush and Mendenhall as the flex...for now. We'll see if more info on injuries come up tomorrow. I have to see something from Wilson before I put him into a lineup unless I must.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Sounding more and more like Mendy will play and Bush won't. Assuming that I'd go Martin, Mendy and Richardson. Friar did the heavy lifting explaining this one.

Comment

Working...
                X