Vick Ballard - Out for Season - Per Adam Schefter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vick Ballard - Out for Season - Per Adam Schefter

Knee injury in practice on Thursday. Still looking for a link to the story. Just saw Schefter posted it on Facebook.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

They have to be in the hunt for another RB. No way I'd put my faith in Bradshaw carrying a full load all year. Still, in the meantime, Bradshaw makes a very nice play

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
      Knee injury in practice on Thursday. Still looking for a link to the story. Just saw Schefter posted it on Facebook.
      seems confirmed- nfl.com has this on homepage now.

Comment

This may be Willis McGahee's ultimate destination.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Found it on Rotoworld:

"Updating a previous item, Colts RB Vick Ballard tore his right ACL in Thursday's practice and will miss the remainder of the season.
          The Colts have already placed Ballard on season-ending injured reserve and promoted RB Kerwynn Williams from the practice squad. Ahmad Bradshaw is now locked into lead-back duties, while first-round megabust Donald Brown will mix in as the No. 2. Brown isn't worth picking up in fantasy leagues. Bradshaw was already ticketed for a bigger role this week, but he's now placed himself on the RB2 radar against the Dolphins. Ballard already lacked unique athleticism; he was a pedestrian runner. This injury could set him back long term."
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Williams is interesting. Good RB at Utah State stuck behind Turbin for a couple of years but was very good last year, about 1,500 yards and a 6.5 YPC. His major problem is that he is only 5'8". He is quick and looked good vs competition last year but the WAC and Mtn West schools are not quite the NFL. He survived the final cut only to be put on practice squad when the Colts signed other players that were cut. He was only a 6th round pick but I was surprised no one else picked him up when the Colts waived him. I would think he gets more playing time than Brown does from here out.

Comment

Working...
            X