McCoy/Celek or T. Richardson/T. Gonzalez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCoy/Celek or T. Richardson/T. Gonzalez

I'm looking to upgrade my TE position (current team in my signature). We're in a standard 14 team league with 1/2 PPR. I was thinking about making some offers but wanted to check and get some thoughts first. Also, I'm not even sure if either team would accept the deal:

Trade 1
    I give McCoy/Celek. I get S. Jackson/V. Davis
    -This owner also has Daniels at TE, he offered S. Jackson/Daniels for McCoy but I told him that Daniels wasn't enough of an upgrade over Celek for me to take the downgrade from McCoy to S. Jackson.

Trade 2
    I give McCoy/Celek. I get T. Richardson/T. Gonzalez
    -This owner also has J. Cameron at TE.

The website that I use for projections ranks the T. Richardson/T. Gonzalez pairing as the only trade that improves my team (0.9 pts per game improvement). They actually like the T. Richardson/Cameron pairing next but project that trade as a 0.5 pts per game loss for me. 3rd would be the S. Jackson/V. Davis (1.2 pts per game loss for me).

Any thoughts?

I checked out a couple more RB/TE combos in our league. Do any of these look better?

Lynch/J. Graham
    A. Peterson/Olsen
    Charles/Witten
    D. Martin/J. Thomas
    R. Rice/J. Cook
    Last edited by jwlincy; 09-13-2013, 09:57 AM. Reason: Add additional RB/TE combos
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

With Chip Kelly's offense the way it is and McCoy seemingly 100% healthy, there's no way I would do either.

Comment

Yeah the only one I'd consider would be t-rich and gonzo but as Revo said, McCoy is too valuable. The only thing that will hold him back from being top 3 (if not better) is if he gets hurt. If ride it out with celek and the waiver wire

Comment

Also, not that it makes any difference but my starting QB is Vick, my starting RB is McCoy and my starting TE is Celek. I'm a little Philly heavy so that worries me a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
          Also, not that it makes any difference but my starting QB is Vick, my starting RB is McCoy and my starting TE is Celek. I'm a little Philly heavy so that worries me a bit.
          Why? They could have the best offense in the league. Isn't that what you want?

Comment

I have vick/McCoy/DeSean in RJPFP and I am ecstatic.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I have vick/McCoy/DeSean in RJPFP and I am ecstatic.
              Scratch that. I no longer have Vick.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

in re the other possible combos: Lynch/Graham is definitely an upgrade I would think. AP/Olsen might be.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Why? They could have the best offense in the league. Isn't that what you want?
                  Just worried about having 3 guys from the same team as well as the injury risk that McCoy/Vick carry. A Vick/McCoy duo looks alot better than my Bradford/Lacy backup plan.

Just trying to see if there are any deals to upgrade at TE and get a comparable RB back in return.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    in re the other possible combos: Lynch/Graham is definitely an upgrade I would think. AP/Olsen might be.
                    I sent a message to the Lynch/Graham owner but I doubt that he'll be interested. Too big up a difference between Graham & Celek, I would probably have to give him an upgrade somewhere else.

Comment

I would prefer lynch/graham AP/Olsen and Charles/Witten but no chance their owners do it.

Comment

I love McCoy and I like Celek so it would take an awful lot for me to move them. T-Rich and T-Gonz is close but I am worried T-Rich isn't going to be any good this year. Given your Eagle-heavy team I would definitely be trying to sell high on Vick. High octane offense or no, I think he gets killed by week 6.

Comment

Trade 2 is really interesting - ideal time to sell high on McCoy and buy low on T-Rich, so conceivably today or tomorrow is your last chance to do this. Both Shady and T-Rich were consensus first round picks and you end up with one of the best tight ends as part of the deal.

But I still won't do it, but that's because I was high on McCoy and low on T-Rich before the season started.

Regarding the injury likelihood, obviously any RB can get hurt, but I see McCoy's chance of being injured as much less than Vick. McCoy is running in space out of spread formations, not getting ripped two different ways from a big tackle and a big linebacker. People don't tend to get a direct hit on him, he is so quick. Wheras Vick simply plays recklessly, and, as a QB, is more exposed. I'm not sure that McCoy is any more/less likely to get injured than T-Rich or any other starting RB.

Comment

Question is, if...when...Vick gets hurt how much of a hit does McCoy end up taking? I don't think either of the backups to Vick are much above crap, and a bit different skill set. Will there input into the offense change the offense to the point it hurts McCoy?
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              Question is, if...when...Vick gets hurt how much of a hit does McCoy end up taking? I don't think either of the backups to Vick are much above crap, and a bit different skill set. Will there input into the offense change the offense to the point it hurts McCoy?
                              There may not be as much of a downgrade as you'd think. Much of the time, the QB has at least three options he can execute quickly. It's really as much about quick decision-making as it is about athleticism. Foles has received way more practice reps than most backup QBs because Kelly runs so many plays in practice so quickly, and probably also because he knows Vick's injury history will mean he needs Foles at some point this year.

The person most likely to see a downgrade if Foles plays is DeSean Jackson, because Vick throws a much better deep ball than Foles.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X